Senior Marketing Manager, AWS Global Brand Media
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is home to massive technologies that fuel hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. These businesses range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. Our web services provide a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost IT infrastructure platform in the cloud.
Our AWS Global Brand Media team is responsible for brand media strategy to shape how our prospective and existing customers perceive the AWS brand. In this role you will drive the process of planning, building and executing an integrated brand advertising media strategy that is best suited for specific target audiences and campaign goals across the globe. You will partner with cross-functional teams including but not limited to campaign, creative, analytics, customer research, field marketing, and finance teams. You will also closely work with external advertising agencies, creative service firms, and other vendors in creating and implementing media plans through multiple marketing channels including TV, digital, and out-of-home. This role is global, so you will work with teams across different continents and time zones. You will effectively manage this complexity through excellent organization skill, entrepreneurial spirt, the ability to influence others and strong cross-functional leadership. First-hand media planning experiences in Europe and Asia are a plus.
The successful candidate will have a strong right brain/left orientation and good judgment. You have high attention to detail including precise and effective communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously at a fast-paced, constantly involving environment. You feel comfortable dealing with complex data set and making sense out of it. You have superior verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact with senior management on a regular basis. You have international working experiences dealing with cultural differences and nuances. You will report to the Head of Media at AWS.
This role is based in Seattle or New York City.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead the strategy, buying and execution of global advertising media to drive brand awareness, consideration and perception
- Manage traditional and digital media agencies across the globe in the strategic direction, execution, and post buy analysis
- Experiment and identify the appropriate media mix and ensuring the process and learning can scale globally
- Partner with campaign/creative teams to ensure our media strategies are aligned with our brand and messaging directions toward our business objectives
- Collaborate with the analytics team to design advertising campaigns that are measurable and evaluate its effectiveness. Apply the learning to future campaigns while building out our propriety database of testing results
- Serve as the subject matter expert within AWS on media planning and media consumption trends of our target audiences across multiple geographical areas
- Drive consistent and innovative best practices across all stages of the campaign (planning, execution, buy management, and analytics)
- Understand business, marketing, and legal constraints and opportunities to drive the growth of the AWS brand
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years experience in traditional media buying and/or digital media buying
- 5+ years experience at a media agency, or as a brand manager managing agency partners
- Excellent understanding of B2B brand advertising strategies especially in the digital and high-technology space
- Solid quantitative and analytical skill - comfortable with data analysis and able to use data to make recommendation
- Ability to break down multi-layered data with high proficiency of pivot tables in Excel
- International work experiences outside of the US
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.