Do you want to shape the future of the IT industry? Come and lead a technical business development team in AWS public sector. Do you have broad and deep experience in both the business and technical aspects of cloud computing? Do you have rich experience influencing technology choices and building programs to accelerate IT adoption with governments, educational institutions, and non-profit entities? Do you enjoy working with customers to achieve innovation and efficiency through IT modernization and cloud technologies? Can you manage, inspire, and grow a technical business development (BD) team?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a proven manager to lead a technical BD team that accelerates the adoption of AWS services (Storage, End-User Computing, and many others). Working closely with sales and technical product leaders, you will be responsible for leading a team that defines and implements go-to-market strategies to accelerate adoption of AWS. You will help customers innovate, improve performance, and decrease cost by adopting the full breadth of AWS services. You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers to understand their requirements and turn them into reality. You will also work directly with sales, solution architects, and other field teams to help the BD team build an opportunity pipeline and identify, qualify, and win major customers.
The ideal candidate will possess both the business savvy to interact at the CxO/VP level, and the technical depth to easily interact with technical architects. A strong knowledge of cloud computing and industry trends is also important.
This role requires a strong passion for customers, a high level of comfort navigating ambiguity, and a keen sense of ownership to deliver results.
- Leading a Tech BD team, inspiring and motivating them to raise the bar with our customers, improving their skills/career development, and building a high-performing team.
- Delivering go-to-market strategies and programs that accelerate the adoption and growth of AWS services and technologies.
- Inventing new ways to programmatically drive awareness and adoption of AWS platforms and services.
- Working with sales and account management teams on customer use-cases, service-driven sales playbooks, and how you and your team can best meet their needs.
- Helping customers, verticals, and industries understand and plan for cloud migration.
- Partnering with AWS service teams to provide customer feedback, demand signals, and ideas for news features and services.
- Building programs that remove customer challenges in adopting cloud technologies, and demonstrating how AWS solutions can help them deliver new services and capabilities to their own customers.
- Working with partners, internal teams, and customers to determine the best use-cases, deployment methods, and adoption strategies of AWS technologies.
- Working with Tech BD counterparts in other geographies to develop the Technical BD function, and to ensure Tech BD team are aligned to customer demand.