Sr. Manager of Strategic Partnerships
1 month ago(9/4/2019 5:11 PM)
US-NY-New York City
Company Employee Full-Time
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for thirteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet.
We’re seeking a Sr. Manager of Strategic Partnerships to own partnership strategy and execution for Discovery’s Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) business. You will serve as the business lead for partnerships, driving the creation, development, and management of key strategic relationships to support our rapid growth. You are entrepreneurial and a self-starter, with experience building strong partner relationships and a passion for both strategy and execution.
1. Lead and drive partnership strategies to drive the growth of our DTC business
2. Develop a robust partnership strategy, based on competitive and consumer insights
3. Independently generate and develop high-value partnership leads
4. Structure, negotiate, and close new partnership deals
5. Manage and grow existing relationships to maximize value to all sides
6. Develop processes and best practices to support and optimize our partnership work
7. Develop and implement high-level measurement across all partnerships
8. Deliver quarterly business reviews and provide regular analysis, insights, and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders
9. Work collaboratively with leaders in content, product, and marketing to support partner relationships
10. Represent Discovery Digital externally at key meetings, conferences, and events to generate potential new leads and strengthen existing relationships
* Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
* At least 5 years of professional experience in partnerships, business development, and/or sales
* Extensive experience managing relationships and negotiating with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, with a proven track record of building new and growing existing partnerships
* Excellent communication skills with demonstrated writing, editing, and speaking abilities
* Experience working with senior teams to plan and implement deeply impactful strategic initiatives with measurable results
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong organizational and project management skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Highly collaborative and ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.