About Cerebri AI
Cerebri AI is an advanced customer analytics company that uses state-of-the-art AI technologies including reinforcement learning to analyze customer touchpoints across multiple channels. Cerebri AI measures a customer’s commitment to a brand or a product, at any point in time, expressed in monetary values and derive Best Actions that drive customer commitment and financial results.
Our Series A financing was led by M12 (formerly Microsoft Ventures). To date, the team has filed 11 patents pertaining to the Cerebri AI way. We now have 60 employees in three offices in Austin, Toronto and Washington DC. Over 80% of the staff are in technical roles in data science and software engineering. Our team of senior executives averages 20+ years selling and deploying software successfully to enterprises worldwide. Cerebri AI is a proud Microsoft Partner and an active member of the Mastercard Start Path network.
To learn more, visit cerebriai.com.
“Cerebri AI was named a 2019 Cool Vendor in Artificial Intelligence for Customer Analytics by Gartner“
Role: As a senior Scala/Java Full Stack Developer, you will play an integral role in the development of reactive microservices in Play 2.x framework and Angular/D3 components on top of our powerful distributed backend. You will be part of a small, focused team working in fast paced environment.
- Design and develop scalable and distributed microservices handling Big Data.
- Developing reactive applications that manage large datasets in conjunction with backend data pipeline.
- Design and implement efficient algorithms and new approaches for handling microservices.
- Develop brand new user-facing features from conception to execution.
- Discuss best practices with the engineering team through participation in design and code reviews.
- Maintaining automated test coverage against all code you produce.
- Building and maintaining Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines to maximize efficiency and ensure quality in the development process.
- Meeting hard product deliverable deadlines set in a rapidly evolving startup environment.
- Excellent Scala/Java programming skills with five (5) years or more experience.
- Experience developing large scale microservices and API services.
- Experience working with Lightbend Reactive Platform (Play and Akka)
- Experience developing UI dashboards with Angular2+, D3 or Amcharts, HTML, CSS
- Experience in Python / Pyspark
- Working knowledge of Relational databases (Postgres, Oracle), Distributed clusters (Hive, Cassandra, Ignite), Graph databases (OrientDB, Neo4j) etc.
- Experience setting up automated tests that provide full code coverage and building/maintaining Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, Travis CI, CircleCI).
- Experience operating in a “full stack” type role, with the ability to be flexible with the tasks you work on day-to-day.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and Scrum framework for managing processes.
- Proficiency in managing software projects in Git.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related area).
Nice to haves...
- Big Data and ETL experience with Apache Spark and Kafka is a plus.
- Understanding of Machine learning platforms, (e.g. Random Forest, Naïve Bayes, Neural Networks) and common API frameworks that can be used to deploy them (e.g. Spark MLlib, Python scikit-learn, Tensorflow).
- Experience in deploying statistical models for use in applications
- Familiarity with common neural network configurations and the problems they can be used to solve.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket).
- Any other related experience with Big Data, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, machine learning and/or deep learning, predictive analytics