ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Senior Director of Provider Engagement is a newly-created leadership role accountable for developing and overseeing Bright Health’s provider-facing engagement activities, in order to support the company’s partnership with its network of Care Partner providers and other contracted provider partners. This role will develop, execute, and manage Bright Health’s national and market-based provider engagement strategy. The Senior Director is accountable for program development, implementation, and oversight of a market-based provider relations strategy executed by a matrixed organization of in-market provider relations specialists. This role will also design a robust provider awareness program and will develop and lead cross-functional initiatives that drive deeper engagement, activity and support of Bright Health’s provider practices. In addition, as a leader of the Bright Health Care team, this role is responsible for identifying and executing on new areas of engagement with provider practices, including the development of tools, services, and activities that further Bright health unique relationship with our Care Partners and providers. As Bright Health establishes direct oversight of provider organizations, this role will also have accountability for operational management and oversight of physician organizations. Key measures of success will include provider awareness, NPS, and overall network and plan performance metrics.
- Lead Bright Health’s national provider relations and engagement strategy, overseeing the full spectrum of Bright Health’s relationships with providers, from initial outreach, to onboarding, to ongoing account management
- Develop a national playbook for engaging Bright Health’s provider partners, including advancing best practices for engagement and issue resolution build an internal Bright Health resource suite to support providers in all markets
- Lead provider awareness activities in collaboration with our marketing teams to grow provider awareness of Bright Health during initial launch and ongoing enrollment periods
- Work collaboratively with Sales to develop provider support for Bright Health’s plans and programs
- Align the provider outreach and engagement objectives with business strategy, through active participation in corporate strategic planning, growth strategy development, forecasting, human capital resource planning, and budgeting.
- Curate proactive research and resolution of provider issue trends across markets, supporting the team to provide a high level of customer service for escalated issues; evaluate and advance individual market performance against Bright Health benchmarks for provider engagement and growth
- Oversee the development of Bright Health’s suite of provider resources and tools, including provider portal, educational materials, provider manual, and others as appropriate
- Lead the development and curation of the interactions of all Bright Health functions, including but not limited to sales, marketing, and Health Optimization, with our provider partners to ensure a consistent Bright Health experience
- Collaborate on cross-functional initiatives as an enterprise-wide provider advocate and expert to ensure enterprise-level initiatives advance our relationship with our provider partners
- Identify opportunities to enhance our relationship with providers including but not limited to the development of new programs, tools, and services
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- This position will have supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, healthcare administration, or a related field is required; MBA is preferred
- Ten or more (10+) years of experience working with provider organizations, and ideally payers, is required.
- Experience in strategy consulting or within a payer/provider’s strategy or network operations function preferred
- Experience working with risk-taking primary care practices is required
- Large project and program management experience is recommended
- Familiarity with Commercial and Medicare products is recommended
- Experience working with clinical, sales, and product teams to design and implement programs to maintain positive relationships between the health plan, physicians, hospitals, and practice managers is required
- Strong collaboration skills to effectively work with the sales team in executing on high revenue and membership targets, as well as partnering closely with Health Optimization to design and implement programs to maintain positive relationships between the health plan, physicians, hospitals, and practice managers.
- Leadership skills that extend cross-functionally, spanning operations, clinical, provider relations and sales that contribute to driving an exceptional experience for members and for clinicians.
- Strong relationship and account management skills within the healthcare provider space
- Results oriented, capable of clearly translating strategic objectives into implementable processes that drive outcomes.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel will be required.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.