The Wing’s mission is the social, economic, professional, and civic advancement of women through community. To best support this goal, we are scaling our in-house product, design, and engineering capabilities.
This group strives to help members build meaningful connections: extending access to our growing community, creating new, impactful value propositions, and contributing to the retention, personal growth, and professional success of members everywhere.
- With these objectives in mind, we are seeking a mid-level Data Scientist, Analytics to help champion The Wing’s data revolution.
- In this role, you will work side-by-side with the full product team (product managers, designers, researchers, and engineers) to enhance the overall user experience, create a new business vertical, and make a significant business impact by using insights to empower company decision making.
- You’ll help The Wing establish new tools and processes for how we collect data and use that data to grow the business by improving how our users interact with each other and The Wing. You’ll also drive how we collect data from our users in an ethical, transparent, non-standard, and non-shady way.
- You’ll work cross-functionally with data stakeholders across the company to help drive the overall company’s data roadmap and priorities based on product team needs.
- And last but not least: as the first Data Scientist/Analyst on the product team at The Wing, you'll play a critical role in establishing the team's technical principles, process, and culture.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Partner across the company to help select, set-up and scale data tools and foundations that The Wing will use to drive insight gathering and decision making for years to come
- Help define key metrics across the product team and the business
- Teach the larger company how data can be used as a tool to use data to make decisions by providing dashboards, insights and information that can be used by everyone
- Conceptualize, create, and maintain product dashboards and reporting to surface operational efficiencies and drive decisioning quality
- Be a growth-sniffer-outer (technical term), seek out and share opportunities for growth back to the product and marketing teams
- Work with cross-functional partners to design and execute controlled experiments to quantify the effects of product changes
- Help business partners understand metric trade-offs and drive influential decisions
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a similar analytical role
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with experimentation and statistical methods
- Ability to drive alignment across cross-functional stakeholders
- A deep investment in and passion for The Wing’s mission
- A commitment to diversity & inclusion and a willingness to try to do things differently
- Nice to have: Previous management experience with future desire to manage again
WHO YOU ARE:
- A critical thinker who loves creating and sharing insights
- An empathetic, curious spirit who is always asking questions
- A scrappy, resourceful, “I-can-figure-this-out” mindset
- An eagerness to learn, grow, and collaborate
- Someone who loves to mentor and lead teams