Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Medidata is the leader in developing the technologies that allow our customers to get the medicines to patients faster. Building on our long history of delivering world-class clinical applications to the life sciences industry, Medidata’s Product Organization is staffed with a passionate team of product management experts, tackling the industry’s most difficult technical challenges in order to push the boundaries of possibility for our clients and most importantly, for patients. Together we can deliver meaningful advanced digital transformation to the industry in order to achieve our vision.
Looking for the challenge of a lifetime while also helping millions of people live happier and healthier lives? The Medidata Patient Cloud team is looking for a smart, driven Lead Business Analyst to help drive our patient-facing solutions, enabling Medidata’s customers to better engage patients directly during the course of their clinical trials. This role will interface with large clients, product owners, engineers, operations, and user experience designers to solve large, exciting challenges in the clinical trial technology space. The ultimate measure of success will be creation of innovative solutions that will be eagerly utilized and easily adopted by pharma companies,clinical research organizations of all sizes and clinical trial patients.
- Be a leader, backlog owner and end-user expert for a cross-functional Agile team of developers, quality assurance, documentation and training authors, and UX designers
- Interact with product management, internal subject matter experts, technical services, and client end-users, to understand key requirements
- Work closely with Medidata architecture teams to help design best in class solutions
- Create and own detailed use cases, supporting functional requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Work closely with development team in an Agile SCRUM environment to refine, prioritize and support the development, testing and release of functionality
- Collaborate with Product Manager on complex business requirements and designs on user interface features, underlying service capabilities, and API functionality
- Lead user feedback and validation sessions, preparing presentations and engaging end users effectively to define innovative solutions
- Create presentations to help train internal teams on new capabilities
- Review, prioritize, comment and follow-up on defects
- Review, prioritize, comment and follow-up on product defects
- Evangelize the product and serve as a point of contact and product expert for internal teams and external customers
- Can quickly and easily translate business requirements into functional requirements, well-defined user stories with acceptance criteria
- Can lead and participate in end-user and developer conversations and focus groups to ensure full understanding of the problems, their solutions, and the processes surrounding them
- Can work with engineering, user experience and software quality assurance to ensure the defined functional requirements are properly interpreted and implemented
- Collaborate with project management, professional services, customer care, sales, marketing, service delivery, training, and user documentation teams to successfully launch new features and enhancements
Your Education & Experience:
- 4+ years experience as a Product Owner, Business Analyst or Technical Product Manager
- 2+ years experience in technical business analysis and/or technical leadership in service oriented architecture
- Experience with eCOA technology a plus
- Very comfortable with engaging software developers to understand their needs and communicate solutions
- Ability to engage end-users on user interface workflows and functionality
- Experience with SaaS enterprise solutions and large clients
- Experience with managing a story backlog using the Agile methodology and tools
- Experience working with Agile development teams to successfully deliver enterprise software products
- Passion for creating customer value through innovative technology solutions
- Results-driven, data-driven, entrepreneurial, and action-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, quantitative, and critical thinking abilities
- Strong people skills to lead collaboration across functions and organizations
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 17,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.