As DDB New York continues to evolve and grow its capabilities and client base, we’re looking for someone to help lead on some of our biggest clients - and join our diverse team of strategists in finding new opportunities to unlock the power of creativity. Your opportunity is to be a trusted advisor that drives growth and effectiveness, while helping make the best creative work of your career.
First and foremost, we’re looking for someone with a sharp, instinctive point of view on brands, modern marketing and the agency landscape. Someone who knows enough to be dangerous across every step of the brand experience, but also knows when to call in the experts for help. Someone with an uncanny ability to turn business problems into creative opportunities in unexpected ways with sharp, incisive insights and creatively-fertile strategies. We’re not looking for theory, we’re looking for someone to inspire groundbreaking ideas and collaborate with creatives and clients to make them actionable and effective. Across all channels.
By bringing together diverse thinkers with different backgrounds and perspectives, we validate Bill Bernbach's notion that an idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it. We seek out people who challenge themselves, have a relentless curiosity and overcome anything thrown their way.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced strategist who has a passion for building brands across all channels. Experienced in creating, and presenting, thoughtful and provocative creative briefs, brand POV’s and communications plans based on insights from consumer research, brand understanding and marketplace data. Candidate should have deep knowledge on all social platforms, along with programmatic video and display. And a great track record of helping clients take risks and innovate in this space.
- Develop strategies for social media and multi-channel campaigns, inspired by data and the latest cultural and social trends.
- You will help in the development of and have a clear understanding of the consumer journey to identify the right connection points and strategies to meaningfully connect with them.
- Help create and present thoughtful and provocative creative briefs, brand POV and communications plans based on insights from consumer research, brand understanding and marketplace data.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of category and competitive activity and keep a finger on the pulse of existing and emerging consumer and cultural trends.
- Partnering with Planning Director, creatives, and account leads on business to develop disruptive ideas and experiences at multiple customer touch-points that breakthrough in the category
- Be on the pulse of the latest marketing trends and how it applies to the industry.Requirements:
- 4-6 years experience in brand strategy
- Adept at working with creative teams from briefing through creative concept, and passionate about bringing new thinking to the ideation process.
- Comfortable leading qualitative research projects, closely partnering with research vendors to yield the best results and insights
- Strong communication skills, comfortable presenting and leading meetings with mid-to-high level clients and colleagues.
- Comfortable with adapting and creating new process; willingness to be a part of a greater change.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social listening tools such as Brandwatch.
DDB is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. DDB NY does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.