Acorn AI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. It’s built on Medidata’s platform that includes the industry’s largest structured, standardized and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 17,000+ trials and 4.5M+ patients. Our team is composed of over 40 PhD/Masters statisticians, data scientists, analytical product leads, former FDA biostatisticians and computational genomicists.
This role will assist in the development and support of innovative approaches to optimize the conduct and science of clinical trials, including use of synthetic control arms.
- Provide statistical expertise including but not limited to research in statistical methods, development of statistical sections of protocols or analysis plans, participation in scientific publication or presentation, and data analyses for individual projects or larger synthetic controls program. Acorn AI has access to patient level data from thousands of previous clinical trials in the Medidata Enterprise Data Store (MEDS) which may be the basis for this work.
- Work collaboratively with members of the data standardization team and other Acorn AI groups to assist in evaluating the accuracy of standardized historical data for each project assigned
- May present at internal or external meetings or communicate findings through written reports
- Strong ability in the design, analysis, and interpretation of clinical trials and clinical research
- Strong statistical skills, particularly in propensity score or other matching or weighting methods and/or Bayesian approaches to clinical trials with an appetite for innovation
- Excellent written and verbal ability, including the ability to be persuasive to a technical or non-technical audience
- Awareness of typical drug development processes, including for example the regulatory interactions expected at each phase of development and the level of evidence generally required for approval of a new medical product, experience in the oncology therapeutic area is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work on multiple projects at the same time
Your Education & Experience:
- Typically requires a PhD in Biostatistics or Statistics with minimum of 6 years of related experience in the pharma and/or regulatory (e.g. FDA) context analyzing and interpreting clinical trials data
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 17,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.