Sr. BDM Networking, Automation and Orchestration
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace team is looking for a Global Senior Business Development lead focused on Containers, Networking, automation and orchestration to join our fast-paced team and help build our catalog of Container solutions built on Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), AWS Fargate, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR). As a Global Category Lead within AWS Marketplace, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our mission to bring Amazon’s e-commerce expertise to cloud software and fundamentally change how software is discovered, purchased, and deployed by AWS customers. In this role, you will be the single threaded owner responsible for defining and executing the recruiting, onboarding and go to market strategy for Container sellers on AWS Marketplace.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as the leader of the AWS MP Category Management team in helping to drive the overall Category and technical strategy as it relates to Containers.
· Determine and execute recruiting and onboarding strategy for new Container ISVs to list their solutions on AWS Marketplace.
· Engage Container ISV field organization, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue.
· Strong technical knowledge around cloud-native applications and containers, with the ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to articulate the value of leveraging AWS Marketplace and containers.
· Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g., AWS service teams, legal, support).
· Manage complex contract negotiations and complex business requirements and activities which drive category specific selection.
· Thought leadership – develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides etc.) and evangelize AWS MP through forums such as AWS Blogs, Whitepapers, Reference architectures and Public-Speaking events such as AWS Summit and User-Group events.
· Develop and support an AWS internal community of Container-related Subject Matter Experts and collaborate with AWS teams to develop solutions that customers can procure and deploy through AWS MP.
· Adept at thinking strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
· A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness.
· Enjoys communicating with ISVs of all shapes and sizes with a passion for helping customers, from start-ups to established enterprises.
· Part builder, part operator and part general manager who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus.
This position will be located in SF Bay Area, Seattle or New York
· 10 + years of business development, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience.
· 10+ years of business experience and customer-facing skills to interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background to easily interact with IT professionals, software developers and architects
· MBA or Graduate degree
· 15+ years Knowledge of Software Marketplaces and/or cloud computing
· 5+ years of prior experience working in companies with container management solutions or orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, Fargate, Docker Swarm, and/or others
· 10+ years of experience with varying software licensing models.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation