The Senior Accountant position will be responsible for preparation of financial statements for various entities, ensuring the timely reporting of all accounting related transaction including monthly recognition of operating expenses, premium income, intercompany transactions, fixed assets depreciation, prepayments and amortization.
· Responsible for timely reporting of monthly operating expenses.
· Prepare, record and reconcile monthly inter-company balance for subsidiaries
· Responsible for monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet such as fixed assets, security deposit, accrual, account receivable, account payable as well as all cash accounts and timely investigate and resolve any discrepancy.
· Manage outstanding accounts receivable balances by routine review of aging reports and ensure funds are paid within a timely manner based on contract terms.
· Responsible for all account payable functions. Review invoices and process payments to vendors, state regulatory offices, and employees for out-of-pocket expenses.
· Oversee the state regulatory and compliance processes by working closely with their staff to ensure a smooth filing process with DOI and/or State Surplus Line filing offices.
· Prepare federal, state, local business tax filings and handle both internal and external audit process.
· Participate in other ad hoc project, month-end close process and corporate accounting functions when required
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting along with 5-10 years of relevant work experience in cash management and financial statements preparation.
· Must be attention to detail with advanced excel skills.
· Fast learner with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet required deadlines
· Must have good judgment, analytical skills and problem solving skills
· Ability to work effectively in team environment as well as independently on assigned projects without the need for close supervision.
· Strong interpersonal, excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Foreign currency and corporate income tax exposure preferred.