COMPANY & MISSION
MiQ is an independent marketing intelligence company with the people and technology that help businesses win. Our vision is to reimagine the value of marketing by connecting data and discovering insight to drive business outcomes.
Marketing Intelligence helps us to understand how the real world impacts consumer intent and purchasing decisions, and helps brands say the right thing, to the right person, at the right time, all through a winning mix of media, analytics and technology.
Our teams work with the world's leading brands and media agencies, including American Express, Avis, Lenovo, Unilever, Microsoft, GroupM, Publicis and IPG. Founded in 2010, MiQ currently employs over 550 people across 15 offices located in North America, Europe and APAC.
MiQ is excited to expand its China commercial team in New York, U.S.
Following MiQ's strategic decision to enter the Chinese digital ad market mid-2019, the demand for our programmatic services has grown exponentially. Our strategy is twofold; China Inbound – provide non-Chinese businesses the means to engage Chinese consumers in China and China Outbound – provide Chinese businesses the means to engage consumers outside China.
To remain consistent with MiQ's client centric approach and localization of services, New York will be where we service our North-east China Inbound clients. The successful candidate will be empowered to introduce the MiQ China Inbound proposition to the market and create demand amongst U.S. agencies and marketers, specifically in the New York and North-east territories.
The role will report directly to the VP National Sales, China located in New York. This is truly a rare opportunity to shape and influence MiQ's entry into the Chinese digital ad market, an area of significant strategic company importance. The role offers fantastic learning prospects, rewarding innovative and motivated candidates who will thrive in a company with ambitious growth plans and a leading culture to match.
- Develop and close new agency and marketer business
- Identify and build relationships with agencies and marketers, specifically China marketing/investment decision makers resided in the Chicago and Mid-West U.S territory
- Close and retain/grow campaigns from your portfolio of business
- Build and execute on a strategic commercial plan, hitting monthly/quarterly revenue targets
- Take the lead in responding to RFPs, preparing customized proposals to win new business
- Collaborate with internal Sales Support, Client Services, Trading teams to proactively up-sell existing campaigns
- Use marketing, PR, events, travel & entertainment budget to raise awareness and frequency of engagement with clients
- Act as an evangelist for China digital advertising and overseas business expansion, converting skeptics into believers regarding the benefits of the growing China consumer/advertising footprint
- Understand MiQ competitive differentiators in a fast-changing online advertising landscape
- Be familiar of the unique nuances/traits between U.S. and China programmatic activation, consumers and product/targeting capabilities
- Contribute to the MiQ culture and embody our company values
- 3-5+ years experience working in digital advertising sales, preferably programmatic
- Strong agency account level relationships to VP level
- Evidence of understanding client business objectives and translating into media proposals
- Deep product knowledge, enabling strong programmatic solution selling
- Direct agency experience, either as a customer, partner, employee
- Building, justifying and executing against sales plans/forecasts
- Proven track record of exceeding monthly/quarterly revenue expectations
- Experience in managing longer sales cycles with many stakeholders
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive, enough to act as an independent business owner
- Experience creating and managing new business units
- Eagerness to work in a 'start-up' environment that will rapidly iterate
- Professional verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Evidence of strong people management, employee development and recruiting
- Ability to excite and influence stakeholders across non-sales departments
- Alignment with MiQ's core values
- A can-do winning attitude to provide energy, drive and enthusiasm
- A dream to grow your career as the company scales
Not mandatory but considered a huge bonus:
- An active book of China Inbound business
- An understanding of the Chinese advertising/programmatic ecosystem
- Knowledge of the nuances between U.S. / China consumers, behaviors and trends
WHAT WE VALUE IN OUR PEOPLE
- Passion – We love and live what we do
- Determination - We always find a way to figure it out
- Unity – We hold each other accountable. We win and lose as a team.
- Agility – We anticipate the unexpected, embrace and adapt to change
- Courage – We dare to think unconventionally
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance, with generous employer contribution and company paid basic life and long term disability plans
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Generous PTO policy in addition to paid holidays
- Tax Free Benefits (Commuter/Health/Dependent Care) Benefit Programs
- Inter-office travel opportunities
- Ongoing education & training
- Open office and casual work atmosphere
- Company sponsored events & team building experiences
Equal Opportunity Employer