Security Industry Specialists (SIS) provides security solutions to some of the most recognized companies and brands in the world. We deliver services that consistently exceed those of our peers. We accomplish this through innovation, constant process improvement, and through an uncompromising commitment to hiring, retaining and rewarding the best talent available.
General Statement of Job
The Coordinator of Special Events is a position that works with the Manager of Special Events to assist in coordinating the strategic planning, staffing, administration, and daily management of the Special Event Operations. The Coordinator manages overall field services, operations, and functions in assigned area including post reviews, Specialist inspections, emergency response, client liaison, post order compliance reviews and special projects as assigned. The Coordinator must have strong interpersonal, security management and organization skills, and be an enthusiastic leader who helps supports the SIS Special Events Team by specializing in client relations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
- Manage their events including scheduling, deployment, budgets/estimates
- Ensure high levels of customer service and satisfaction, integrity, and compliance with SIS and client policies and values
- Maintain close coordination and communicate regularly with client?s to ensure both new and existing requests and expectations are met
- Coordinate 3rd party vendors to support Special Event Operations as needed
- Maintain relationships with federal, state, and local law enforcement and other government agencies in support of private-public partnership initiatives
- Maintain relationships with key industry partners, professional organizations, and client related industry associations or groups to affect networking value for SIS and any high profile SIS clients
- Travel required up to 50%
Additional Job Functions
- Perform additional duties to support other key stakeholder groups of SIS as needed
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor?s Degree preferred with minimum of 5 years experience in Security Management in the private or public industry with demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Experience in leading the successful planning, and execution, in Special Event programs with astute and strategic understanding of Access Control, Threat/Vulnerability/Risk assessments, safeguarding of personnel and information, collecting Protective Intelligence, and other special project areas as needed
- Proven track record of identifying, analyzing and implementing solutions from routine to moderate-complex operational and management problems in the areas of Special Events
- Strong leadership, analytical, project management, organizational, corporate communications, and executive decision-making skills.
- Seasoned in high-level presentation, interaction, and collaboration with senior management.
- Must be intermediate level with common MAC OS based software platforms
- Must have a valid passport for international travel
- Demonstrated experience providing security management solutions to large scale high tech corporate events
- Demonstrated experience conducting in-depth vulnerability, threat and risk assessments
What we can offer:
- $70-75K annual salary
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, plus access to dependent coverage
- Eligibility to contribute to a 401k Plan after the first year of employment
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- A dynamic and challenging work environment
Security Industry Specialists, Inc.
Watch, Guard or Patrol Agency #11000147227