Media Sales Planner
New York, NY
Newsy is looking for an experienced Sales Planner to join a dynamic sales team in developing customized plans and presentations for Ad Sales clients.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join a fast-growing business with future growth opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work directly with Sales and AdOps teams to ensure schedule runs as ordered and traffic issues are resolved
- Create and manage national sales proposals
- Monitor on-air schedules on a daily basis and prepare changes notices for preempted spots or changes requested by agency clients
- Collaborate with sales teams in weekly meetings and thorough maintenance of account status reports
- Prepare post analysis for clients
- Resolve contract discrepancies
- Obtain, organize and analyze research and competitive information
- Monitor stewardship of all accounts and allocate under delivery packages as needed
- Manage integrated marketing executions and provide recap for both agency and clients
- Support Planning management and NY Sales staff with projects and ad hoc reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, or related-field preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in a multi-media sales company, or advertising agency preferred
- Strong understanding of media math
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point & Word
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly organized and detail oriented to manage multiple accounts
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Familiar with research products including Nielsen and MRI
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
Newsy is the next-generation national news network that provides “news with the why,“ built to inform and engage with the top stories across every platform. It's available on cable; on over-the-top services including Hulu, Roku, Apple TV, Sling TV, Watchable from Comcast, Pluto TV, Amazon Fire TV and Google Chromecast; and on connected television including Xumo. Newsy is also available via its mobile apps and at newsy.com.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.