The Sales Planner plays an integral role in supporting and enabling the TripAdvisor CPM Media Sales team. This position will offer the right person a great opportunity to work in a team environment and help supporting our growing display media business.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of the online display advertising team at TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site that enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. In this role, you get to work with a variety of brands and see how they leverage our platform and solutions to market their products and services, and you get to immerse yourself in the dynamic online display advertising space that offers constant learning opportunities.
Reporting to the Sales Planning Manager, the Sales Planner is responsible for the following critical tasks:
- Provide best in class service and solutions
- Collaborate with Sales and Account Managers to understand their client's objectives and needs in order to develop strategic media plans
- Help to create competitive market materials/pull research decks using Tableau
- Build comprehensive media plans within our order management system, working to reserve and book inventory
- Generate insertion orders and manage final bookings
- Responsible for pre-sale of our Audience Extension deals including forecasting and acting in accordance to pricing guidelines
- With guidance from Account Manager, work in order management system to revise and optimize live campaigns for delivery, performance, and other client objectives.
- Responsible for client monthly Billing Reconciliation in addition to working with the TripAdvisor Accounting Department to resolve billing issues and generate timely invoices.
- Attention to detail and experience managing operational tasks in a digital environment – at an agency/client/publisher- or at least 1-2 years experience in digital media
- Logical thinker who can keep up with digital concepts and emerging ad formats
- Excel skills with analytical ability preferred
- Strong attention to details, highly organized
- Open and collaborative nature
- Positive attitude
- Great analytic skills. Excellent problem solver
- Ability to manage and exceed stakeholders' expectations.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- An abundance of initiative
- Driver of operational efficiency and excellence.
- A strong team player who can support and cover other team members in a proactive manner
- Ability to work to a deadline, prioritizing workloads according to different criteria
- A desire to perform in a fast-paced highly changing marketplace and be driven to meet and exceed the team's expectations/demands
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business