At Plaid, we're convinced that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We're dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools that thousands of developers use to create their own products.
The Risk Team at Plaid is a cross functional team whose responsibility is to enable the business by mitigating risks and maintaining controls that ensure trust in the platform.
Plaid sits in the middle of this ecosystem, and we're the gateway used by our customers to build, launch, and scale FinTech applications that democratize financial services. In this role, you'll be responsible for supporting Plaid's ecosystem risk management activities from security, regulatory, and reputational perspectives. You'll work closely with our GTM, Security Engineering, Legal, and Financial Access teams to ensure trust in the platform and protect the ecosystem.
What excites you:
- Being part of a highly evolving cross functional team in a rapidly growing organization
- Having a significant impact on the future of financial services
- Conducting and managing compliance reviews and risk analyses of prospective customers as they come through the Sales pipeline
- Building, automating, scaling, and improving operational workflows and processes
- Performing periodic reviews of client accounts as required by the onboarding policies
- Being a key resource in developing and implementing the internal policies and procedures required of a rapidly-evolving risk management function
- Learning about and operationalizing relevant regulatory requirements in new jurisdictions to support Plaid's international expansion
- Articulate complex and nuanced compliance requirements into understandable concepts both internally and externally
- Support the broader team to operationalize relevant regulatory and legal requirements
- Support inbound assessments and audit engagements
What excites us:
- 2+ years of relevant compliance, risk, or operational experience with a specific focus on financial services. Fintech experience strongly preferred.
- Desire to learn relevant laws and regulatory requirements; experience with KYC/BSA/AML FCRA, GLBA, UDAAP, PSD2 or GDPR requirements is preferred
- Strategic decision-maker that can help shape a global Risk function
- Ideal candidate is positive, collaborative, organized, focused and a self-starter
- Strong familiarity with financial services and high technology verticals
- Being understanding and empathetic to the challenges of early stage companies
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves; you'll wear many hats and will have to balance cross-functional projects with different stakeholders in a wide variety of roles
- Intellectual honesty and humility; you should be willing to admit when you don't know something and should have the discernibility to escalate urgent issues when necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.