S:US’ ACT teams deliver comprehensive mental health treatment to individuals who have a mental illness that seriously impairs their functioning in the community. Serving those whose needs have not been met by traditional clinic-based approaches, this innovative, recovery-oriented, ‘best practice’ intervention delivers treatment to people in their homes, shelters, parks and anywhere else they happen to be living, engaging them in a sustained relationship that leads to recovery. ACT Teams are a mobile interdisciplinary team of professionals (psychiatry, nursing, social work, rehabilitation) and peers.
As part of the Behavioral Health team, SUS seeks a Registered Nurse with in the state of New York to provide nursing services within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Conducts physical health assessments
- Assesses the health needs of participants and makes the appropriate referrals to community based medical care
- Manages and administers medication as required
- Provides a range of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to the participants
- Meets regularly with each participant to assess health status
- Provides health management education
- Review treatment and medication history
- Communicates with the participant’s primary medical provider to coordinate medical treatment
- When necessary refers them to appropriate services as determined as a result of their assessment
- Advocate on behalf of participants regarding medical treatment as needed
- Provide training to program staff on disease, treatment options, and new advances in disease management
- Responsibility for documentation of services provided particularly in development of service plans
- Responsible for ensuring and documenting revisions to the plan as the participant’s needs change
- Advocating for the rights and preferences of the participant whenever possible
- NYS Licensed Registered RN
- Experience working with the seriously and persistently mentally ill ideally in community-based settings is preferred
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word/Excel.
- Ability to research material via the internet
- Bilingual in any language a plus not required
Effective August 30, 2021, unless granted a reasonable accommodation for disability, all new hires must show proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. If hired for one of our city sponsored programs, this requirement must be met by your date of hire.
Join a team of employees who cares about the wellbeing of others. We believe in fostering a culture built on our core values: respect, integrity, support, maximizing individual potential and continuous quality improvement.
S:US is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. S:US is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities, including allowance of the use of services animals. To request reasonable accommodation or if you believe such a request was improperly handled or denied, contact the Director of Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance; 403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays