Highwire Public Relations is a leading technology public relations agency based in San Francisco with offices in New York City, Boston and Chicago. We work with a wide range of clients across cloud technology, enterprise, security, financial services technology (fin-tech), and healthcare as well as consumer products and services.
Highwire has been named Technology Agency of the Year and Best Agency to work for by The Holmes Report and PRWeek. We are a learning culture that welcomes diverse perspectives to develop our teams, coach for career growth and embrace new ideas.
We search for those with big ideas, strong opinions and the energy to bring them to life. Collaboration, curiosity and passion underpin everything we do. Our core values encourage an environment that fosters innovation and inclusion. We strive to celebrate individuality and be a place where every employee is empowered to be heard and ask for what they want.
As a Senior Account Executive, you’ve worked at an agency or possibly at a start up but most importantly, you’ve worked with some innovative teams over the course of 3-5 years and been a vital part of some really engaging creative campaigns. We don’t have to tell you how to build a plan or find the right influencers to pitch. You have your go-to bloggers and journos in your favorites and tend to be in the fast lane when it comes to the latest trends. You are an exceptional writer and motivational leader, eager to assume more responsibility and looking for the right team to grow in a compelling way. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, you should definitely look at Highwire.
- Media/Influencer Relations Strong relationships with more than ten key media across business and industry. Ability to identify new media and opportunities for clients and share with teams and across the agency regularly. Regular and ongoing proactive pitches that generate coverage for the whole team. Coaching of junior staff to improve team relationships. Strong grasp and creative use of social media channels to engage and support efforts. Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities. Experience with social media influencer engagement, content campaigns, and media coverage amplification.
- Client Service/Management Ability to manage projects from concept through execution. Track competitors and flag opportunities and news events for commentary or discussion. Own and direct client PR calls. Provide counsel on media opportunities and coverage even under difficult circumstances. Develop quarterly campaigns and PR plans including creative campaigns, trendscapes and thought leadership topics. Own key elements of the PR program (analysts, speaking, content, etc.) Be a solid go to resource for client contact. Develop budget and team priority allocations. Participate in media training sessions with clients including developing key messages and all follow up from session.
- Writing Proficiencies Ability to generate a plan for a campaign or an entire PR program. Ability to generate and edit award submissions, press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, tour reports, briefing books, contributed articles, speaking opportunity abstracts, pitches, Q&As, company memoranda and general team correspondence; also responsible for their production and assembly. Professional, articulate and timely client communication. Development of consistent, creative, successful pitches.
- Agency Operations Participation in new business process including proactively identifying new targets, research and presenting at pitch. Identify, attend and encourage others to attend networking events. Maintain a respectful, enthusiastic, and professional attitude towards coworkers, clients, and outside colleagues and lead team by example. Support teams and manage up and down. Responsible use of flexible work policies. Uses Highwire social channels; writes for Highwire blog. Mentor junior staff to elevate development.
- Self Development Proactively set up quarterly goals with manager; track against goals and demonstrate growth. Effectively prioritize responsibilities based on impact, timelines, workflow and client goals. Drive projects forward independently, eliminating the need for managers to consistent check in re: follow through/ task completion. Identify areas for self-improvement and bring suggestions and solutions to management. Consistently hit deadlines or give enough notice if you won’t. Attends regular networking events.
Highwire Perks Include:
- Competitive salary
- Merit-based bonuses and promotions
- Excellent vacation policy including office closure between Christmas and New Years
- Commuter Benefits
- Fitness Benefit
- Donation Match
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Curiosity Benefit
- 401K Match
- Full medical and dental benefits
- Monthly recognition programs
- Work from Home Friday's
- Quarterly Highwire fun event – Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday
- Extremely supportive, nurturing environment with many opportunities for professional development and growth
- Dog friendly work environment
The duties delineated above will vary depending on the needs of each specific account, and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisors.
If you are the breakout candidate we seek, please apply now by uploading your resume.