Program Manager (AWS Data Lab)
Do you like to empower customers to build on AWS? Do you have experience driving operational excellence for programs and love being hands-on? AWS Data Lab is a global service offering, designed to accelerate customers building data and analytics solutions on AWS. As a Data Lab Program Manager, you will coordinate the underlying operations of the Data Lab and play a critical role in customer experience.
Key responsibilities include:
· Managing a pipeline of hundreds of customers that are eager to leverage the Data Lab
· Scheduling customer engagements
· Aligning Subject Matter Experts to support each lab
· Managing event communications with customers and account teams
· Collecting customer feedback
· Measuring key program metrics
· Implementing process updates to continually scale the business
You'll play a critical role in helping the Data Lab deliver results while ensuring a high-quality customer experience as we expand our offerings around the globe. You'll work closely with Data Lab Architects and AWS Field Teams, including Solution Architects, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Service Leads to balance customer demand and program needs. The right candidate will bring strong operations experience and a passion for helping customers drive transformative business outcomes.
How to tell if you’ll love this role: you excel at coordinating across many internal and external teams (both technical and non-technical), obsess over details, understand the importance of speed in operations, have a knack for juggling multiple customer engagements at a time, are data-obsessed, and love finding ways to continuously improve the customer experience.
Come join our start-up culture - work fast and smart, while adapting and iterating quickly.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 3+ years of experience of program management or project management.
· Track record for being detail-oriented and self-motivated to follow-through on projects
· Demonstrated ability to manage project prioritization, project planning, and schedule development.
· Proven track record of executing against program requirements and implementing changes that drive operational excellence and scalability
· Ability to navigate ambiguity to make important decisions quickly, and adjust planning and communications when needed
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally.
· Skilled in building relationships with stakeholders
· Basic understanding of the Enterprise services space, particularly AWS databases, analytics, and machine learning services
· Sales or account management experience
· Strategic thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes, and challenge conventional wisdom.