Product Manager, Tech
Open to JFK19 (New York, NY) or HQ2 (Arlington, VA)
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
The Advertising API team is lean, curious about new technologies, collaborative, and agile with a great spirit for building great products. We are seeking a Senior Technical Product Manager to define and guide the vision of the worldwide Advertising API for the developer customer. Dozens of Amazon teams publish services through our infrastructure and we seek to make this experience the best that it can be. The ideal candidate will understand the developer as a customer and advocate for them, striving for continuous improvement, and understanding the strategic role that the API plays in creating an agile business.
About the hiring group
Be part of a team of industry-leading experts that are building and operating novel solutions for the most advanced brands and partners working with Amazon. Help us to drive the API-first initiative across the Ads org and envision what the service-oriented architecture of the future will look like. The solutions that we build will set new standards for quality and efficiency in advertising. We are re-thinking the way that companies can scale their businesses with Amazon.
● Chart and execute a course for the Advertising API Provider Tools
● Obsess over your customers and work backwards to define tenets, customer experiences, long-term goals, focus areas and key metrics.
● Monitor customer feedback, response and metrics; developing plans to support growth and scale the business efficiently; driving continuous solution improvements.
● Influence leaders across Amazon by proactively communicating your vision, writing business reviews, reporting plans and progress, and aligning with Amazon's core leadership principles.
Impact and Career Growth:
● Develop and sharpen your skills in complex engineering, optimization, econometric, and user-experience problems
● Deliver relevant product ads on Amazon retail properties world-wide
● Define strategy and execute cross-functionally with engineering, science, economics, product and marketing teams.
● Have the ability to experiment autonomously with meaningful projects
· 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
· 5+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· 3+ years of experience managing teams
· Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience working with large scale APIs and service-oriented architectures as a Product Manager or as a developer
· Strong understanding of the advertising industry and related technology
· Proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through
· Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
· Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement