Jupiter helps communities and private enterprise worldwide better predict, plan for, and mitigate the impact of climate change—empowering them to be more resilient, agile, and effective in meeting the massive challenges climate change imposes.
We’re thought leaders in data, climate, and earth and ocean-system science; advanced technology; private business; and public policy. We offer climate risk modeling solutions that can save lives and mitigate the potentially catastrophic impacts inflicted by hurricanes, floods, heat waves, wildfires, drought, and other extreme weather events on homes, businesses, infrastructure, food and water supplies, and entire economies.
We seek new colleagues—data scientists, physical scientists, software engineers, business professionals, and more—who share our passion, commitment to excellence and innovation, and collaboration. Together, we can help make the world a safer place for our generation, and those who come after us.
This position is in a fast-growing company created to meet the global demand for local climate and weather information to protect and develop assets, and to manage risk in operations. You will work with data scientists, physical scientists, and software engineers to specify and build products that address the uncertainty due to climate change.
- Jupiter is looking for a product manager for our applications portfolio. You will work closely with Engineering, Science and Design groups, as well as Sales and Marketing to manage product/component lifecycles from concept to launch to EOL.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Product team and customers to define, clarify, record and gather requirements, timelines for our applications. This will include creation of user stories, workflows, API specs and acceptance criteria definition
- Work closely with software developers & QA engineers to communicate requirements and ensure they are well-understood
- Mock up concepts, write user stories, Product Requirement Documents, functional specs, and do whatever it takes to express your ideas to technical implementers, other product managers, and senior leadership team
- Drive Platform & API Adoption. Engage with internal and external development ecosystem to evangelize platform and APIs, collaborate on solution development, anticipate services, API, training and other needs to grow the ecosystem
- Run short daily team meetings (Sprints) designed to improve communication among the team and identify blockers
- Review interim builds to ensure requirements have been implemented appropriately
- Assisting in prioritization of tasks and planning iterations
- Resolving issues and business questions
- Travel Requirements : Minimal
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience as a Product Manager, preference given to enterprise SaaS experience, or a related field
- Experience in agile development methods, particularly Scrum
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle – from initial concept through requirements gathering, analysis, design, programming and testing, to deployment and training. Ideally in SaaS enterprise applications.
- Strong background in creating functional design docs (FDD’s) and PRD’s
- Demonstrable experience driving product backlog through product release. Ideally able to share concrete examples of this during career.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – requirements, elucidation, documentation, development planning meetings, workshop facilitation and presentations
- Strong experience in the creation of user stories / documentation and identifying risks, and dependencies. Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills, thorough impact analysis and attention to detail.
- Good negotiation skills – ability to manage expectations and control scope
- Experience with interacting with internal and external stakeholders / end users
- Willingness to learn and motivated to self-learn
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to us to see if there might be a great fit.