Principal Product Manager, Fire Tablet Universal Search
The Fire tablet team is hiring a Principal Product Manager, Technical to own Universal Search on Fire tablets. Universal Search is the consolidated search experience on our home page to access the web and the breadth of content from books to apps. In this role, your products will be high-impact and high visibility; helping tens of millions of Fire tablet customers get the most out of their devices by launching new features so Universal Search can be more intuitive, relevant, and fast.
Amazon is offering teams more flexibility on where we work. This role is open to Seattle WA (preferred), Sunnyvale CA, or Irvine CA.
Key job responsibilities
- Own the Engineering team roadmap, with crisp business requirements that can be used by design and engineering to ship finished software
- Own Universal Search key engagement and monetization metrics
- Identify customer pain points and innovative solutions to those pain points
- Identify new technologies, business models, and strategies to build on Fire tablets Universal Search
- Deliver crisp working backward documents outlining solutions and product ideas
- Create buy-in for product vision across all stakeholders
- Own team level and influence organization level prioritization and trade-offs
- Think big to generate new product ideas
A day in the life
You will work closely with engineering, UX design, data science, Business Development, and executive teams to create delightful experiences for Universal Search on Fire tablets. This role will focus not only on what customers see on their device, but how they interact with it, the technology that underpins it, and the business model it drives. A successful candidate will be analytical, empathetic, and adept at boiling down complex spaces into simple products customers love.
About the team
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle, Fire tablet, Fire TV, and Echo. Fire tablets are among the most popular consumer electronics devices, with easy access to millions of apps, games, movies, books, and more. It is just Day 1 for Amazon devices and we are looking for proven, customer-centric product leaders to help continue to innovate and grow our device business.
- 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) and proven ability to influence senior leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.