Principal Product Manager - New AWS Initiative
Are you interested in building a new service for AWS customers? We are developing a new AWS service as part of AWS Data Exchange to enable data sharing at scale. This new initiative is in a very nascent space, where you will be able to Think Big and innovate on behalf of customers in a start-up like environment.
We are looking for a strong Principal Technical Product Manager with experience defining and building secure, scalable technical solutions that delight customers. As a foundational member of the team, you will have broad ownership across numerous services and own product decisions that will define out long-term roadmap. You will work with engineers to define the requirements for the new service and its functionalities.
Ideal candidates have an entrepreneurial spirit, have experience delivering technical products and features that delight customers, understand the analytics and machine learning landscape, and understand the role third-party data plays in making the world run. This individual can work backwards from customer needs on a cross-functional team that includes product management, engineering, legal, marketing, finance, and can envision and communicate product and pricing specifications for end-to-end software solutions.
You will love talking to customers regularly to find out what they need, but also to keep a firm pulse on where the industry is trending. You are data driven and get into the details, performing market analysis, usability studies, and studying usage patterns to evolve existing services and propose new products and features.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
· Experience leading product function for complex technical product
· Understanding of technical software product design and architecture
· Experience working with engineers to define and execute new software products
· Experience of business management and product development
· Experience using problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems
· Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior executives
· MBA or Advanced degree
· 5+ years experience building web services and multi-tier systems
· Experience with enterprise data analytics products
· Experience talking with developers in their own language to come to the best solution from the beginning (hobby or professional coding experience in any language)
· Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; bias for action
· Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
· Verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organization