For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
BNY Mellon Markets Securities Finance is comprised of two complementary product offerings – Agency and Principal Securities Finance. By leveraging our global perspective and innovative capabilities across these solutions, Securities Finance is able to help clients optimize portfolio return, source liquidity to manage funding needs and reduce operating costs. As a member of the Securities Finance team, you will be part of a global market leader, working with a world class group in multiple global locations and servicing some of the largest clients worldwide.
- Monitor and manage Securities Finance business risks (collateral/ counterparty concentrations and collateral market risk, ) in partnership with 2nd Line
- Optimize financial resources within the Securities Finance business (CCAR optimization, Stress testing and other Risk/Capital constraints).
- Assess the risk/reward of the existing portfolio and of new business opportunities. Ideal candidate would have experience in Prime Brokerage risk, Repo risk or other client facing risk functions.
- Provide subject matter expertise, risk challenge, and analytics expertise. Candidate should have a strong quantitative and technical background, with the ability to develop basic queries and programs in the main scripting languages
- Help lead via thought leadership on margin / haircut methodologies changes or business changes in coordination with Second Line risk and business stakeholders.
- Expand and enhance risk ownership of non-Standard collateral in principal business and help source the collateral at right margins to minimize risk. Ability to backtest and perform quantitative analysis is important for the role.
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred. 10 years total work experience preferred. Experience in quantitative finance and technology preferred.