About Your Role:
As a Research Manager, Primary Research (Contract) you will be an expert on our audience and emerging trends in the healthcare and pharmaceutical landscape, supporting the Verywell brands (Verywell Health, Verywell Mind, Verywell Family, Verywell Fit). You will work closely with the Research Director to support our key lines of business, which include Sales, Marketing, Editorial, and Product Development. You will have full support from your Research colleagues across all verticals as well as our data science, data operations, and data engineering teams.
About Your Specific Contributions:
- Become a trusted audience expert for the Verywell brands - you’ll be required to dive deep into the data, understand our site and audience better than anyone, and be the research expert on all things health and pharma
- Plan and conduct consumer research to support everything from brand strategy to product development
- Create surveys/discussion guides and administer to our audiences to collect meaningful feedback
- Present learnings and methodology recommendations from research methods in a digestible manner to internal and external teams
- Collect, analyze, and synthesis data to provide meaningful insights to Verywell senior leadership and key stakeholders (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Product teams, etc.)
- Support the Sales and Marketing teams by identifying and communicating insights that inspire and shape potential partnerships with advertisers and advance the brands’ positioning
- Apply knowledge in human behavior and user-centered design processes in an iterative development environment
- 3+ years of primary research and analytics experience across a broad range of research categories and models; previous experience in a client-service capacity or digital publishing is preferred
- The ideal candidate has the following qualities: solid problem-solving and communication skills, ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, working knowledge of data analysis, comfort with ambiguity and an inquisitive nature
- Expertise in designing and executing qualitative and quantitative primary research methodologies
- Excellent storytelling skills that translate insights from multiple data sources into compelling and actionable recommendations
- General familiarity with and interest in health and pharmaceuticals, with a strong desire to increase your understanding of the pharmaceutical sector
- Proven analytical and deductive reasoning skills; able to translate findings into meaningful insights.
- Strong project management skills; capable of setting priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing projects.
- Experience presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, R, Excel, etc.) and survey programming platforms (e.g. Decipher, Survey Money, Toluna, etc.) required
- College degree required
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.