OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News Channel is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. FOX News finished 2018 as the most-watched basic cable network for the third consecutive year in both primetime and total day among total viewers, and has held its number one national cable news channel status for 68 consecutive quarters. FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
We are looking for a Photo Editor to join the FoxBusiness.com Photo Department. The Photo Department is responsible for the entire look of the Fox Business website. You have a photographic eye, as well as the ability to quickly turn in images that capture developing stories. As the Photo Editor, you are a pro at using Photoshop and Illustrator.
You will be offered one of the following shifts: MONDAYS THRU FRIDAYS (7:00 AM-3:00 PM) or MONDAYS THRU FRIDAYS (11:00 AM-7:00 PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate top business website presentation of still photos as well as montages/collages/photo illustrations and slideshows
- Maintain and manage a network of freelance image contributors
- Seek out and identify compelling images from a large selection of wire service, news network, and content partner content
- Tone photos to achieve the highest quality by using the appropriate tools
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least five years of journalism experience
- Flexibility to work as breaking news requires, including holidays
- Ability to work under deadline pressures with editors and reporters
- At least one year of experience working in a daily breaking news environment
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Creative mind with a particular eye for detail
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.