Overnight Digital Line Producer
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Interactive
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
- Work under extremely tight deadline to write headlines and edit video for live digital broadcast. Works overnight shift, monitoring for editorial updates and breaking news
- Closely coordinate with the senior and line producers during live news programs
- Responsibilities from writing headlines to maximize SEO and shareability and working with video editors and social media team to edit and publish out video.
- On occasion, the DLP works directly with development engineers to improve user interface and implement sponsorship content.
- Help manage, optimize and time live and on demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT (Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire) platforms.
- Creates playout rundowns for live hours, playback hours and special programming;
- Writes the story slugs, and long titles that serve as the titles below the videos for content on CBSN; Creates video on demand links for each story, manages and edits to the story slugs and long titles for that content while in an active fusion rundown;
- Executes rundown creation and programming for weekend programming and special programming (i.e., originals, marathons, special events);
- Build and create show rundowns.
- Stacking and timing rundowns
- Works from the control room to guide CBSN in and out of breaks and live/recorded content;
- Times out rundowns during hours of CBSN content that are not entirely live;
- Manages content once it is recorded, and helps determine when it will run in future hours;
- Replaces older content in the rundown with updates to those stories;
- Communicates fixes to editors to be done to live segments before reairing;
- Edits and manages the promos that are airable and deletes those that are dated;
- Edits other CBS programming manages content to be reaired on CBSN
- Manages content live to air when taken through a remote feed so the studio can remain available Manages the tickers and the break structure during none live hours
- Indicates to Producers what segments are to be detailed and produced for the web during the shift. Fixes issues with Web segments by facilitating changes with the web team
- Coordinate with master control to break into live content during breaking news with a banner to simulcast an affiliate or alternate station
- Edits packages from Newspath and other wire content and push to MOS codes to insert into the rundown wheel during the overnight
- Fixes and saves banners as needed to update content within a live hour
- May also perform the responsibilities of Associate Producers, Associate Video Producers; and Digital Associates.
- Available for early morning, nights, weekends, holidays - this is a 24-hour network
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Must have minimum of 2+ years work experience in Cable, Broadcast or Digital producing segments, reporter hits as well as research, booking.
- We need a self-starter who anticipates the needs of the show with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements while also taking direction from senior producers.
- Must feel comfortable in a fast pace control room.
- Needs to be knowledgeable about social media and the competitive digital news environment.
- Be familiar with Avid editing systems and ENPS.
- Available for overnights, early morning, nights, weekends, holidays. This is a 24-hour network.
- Strong writing skills, accuracy, organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
- Time Management skills and works well under pressure
- Understanding of SEO
- You must be a team player with, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task
You might also have -
- Ability to use video, graphics and other elements to enhance coverage of every story
- Coordinated reporter hits as well as research and booking
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled