Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Imperfect is seeking a charismatic, resourceful, and mission-driven outreach associate to join our collaborative team. Our main objective: sign up new customers! As the local face of our organization, we pride ourselves as grassroots representatives. If you have a passion for what we do, an upbeat personality, and are hungry to make sales, we want you on our team!
Our Outreach Team goes above and beyond to align our passions and goals with events happening in our local markets. Some of our favorite moments span from producing events for SXSW in Austin to repping our brand at Outside Lands in San Francisco to running a fundraising campaign alongside Purple Asparagus in Chicago, one of our many community partners. From carrot tops to cabbage heads, our team wears many hats in our efforts to reduce food waste.
- Research and propose mission-aligned community events to attend
- Set up attractive, branded displays using Imperfect booth materials
- Connect individuals, groups, and organizations with the world of Imperfect Foods
- Sign up new customers at events and through dynamic partnerships
- Serve as product knowledge experts and authentic representatives of our brand
- Cultivate lasting partnerships with nonprofit, corporate, and community entities
- Set your own schedule to meet monthly sales goals
Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Excellent email etiquette
- Experience with CRM software
- Bilingual or foreign language proficiency is another plus!
- Direct sales experience preferred
- Outgoing & Friendly - strangers are friends you haven’t met yet!
- Resourceful & Reliable - you think on your feet; You are responsive and on time to events
- Highly Driven, Ambitious, & Energetic - you're motivated to get out there and make it happen; you're goal oriented and numbers driven
- You're passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
- Bonus points for food pun enthusiasts
Details of Position:
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Outreach Manager
- Salary is draw against commission
- Bonus incentives provided for hitting sales goals
- Remote position, flexible schedule
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Personal transportation required with mileage reimbursements offered
- Potential exposure to all types of weather conditions
- Frequent standing
- Ability to push/pull/lift up to 50 pounds
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.