Insider is looking for a fast, independent, smart news junkie to join our full-time team in a role that includes weekend hours.
You will be responsible for covering some of the biggest stories of the day and brainstorming ways to move them forward with original reporting or analysis. That means one hour, you could be following the California wildfires. The next, you could be reporting on the Trump administration or the latest influencer scandal.
The ideal weekend news reporter:
- Is an excellent storyteller — good at taking complex current events and presenting them in a compelling and relatable way
- Interprets news quickly and writes at lightning speed
- Produces clean, clear copy
- Knows how to advance a story with fast-turnaround reporting and analysis
- Is interested in working on creative news initiatives and potentially medium and longterm reporting projects
- Thrives working on short deadlines and juggling multiple responsibilities at once
This is a full-time role based in our New York office. Employees will be on a schedule that includes at least one weekend day, which can be worked remotely. It's ideal for anyone who wants to jump into a fast-paced reporting role at a growing digital media company. Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
Insider Inc. is the global digital media organization behind Business Insider, Insider, and an ever-growing family of brands. Insider Inc. tells stories that command attention and inspire action. Insider Inc. equips a curious and action-oriented audience of more than 350 million with the information and inspiration they need to keep the world, and their lives, moving forward. The company started by building the world's largest digital business news site and has continued to grow and evolve to match the changing passions and interests of its audience. Insider Inc. is home to 50+ content verticals, and we publish 16 global editions in 8 languages.
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter if this sounds like the job for you.