We combine the power of Big Data, technology, and lean economics. We discover the information people are searching for and provide it. We help transform lives.
Callisto Media will be unmatched in providing products, services, and experiences to a diverse universe. From mainstream populations to groups that traditional companies believe are too small or economically unfeasible to address, we will meet their needs.
Today, we're the fastest growing company in the $140 billion global publishing industry, and our primary method for meeting peoples' needs is through books. But creating books for them is only the beginning.
Responsibilities - Canadian Strategy
- Develop our Sales / Revenue Strategy (Revenue target, channels, sales plan) for the book trade in Canada. The strategy will be developed through an understanding of key data points including market, customer and channel trends and collaborating closely with our US Sales, Channel Promotions, Operations & Finance and BI Teams
- Collaborate with SVP, Sales to create our Canadian pre-sales, launch and retail chain inventory management programs and be accountable for the successful execution of the annual sales plans
- Budget and forecast sales goals for the product assortments and identify how to best utilize all resources to achieve sales goals
- Create category management and vendor managed inventory programs to optimize shelf space, point of sale positioning and sell through of our products
- As needed, serve as a brand ambassador of the Company at national account HQs
- 5+ years of Canadian book trade retail & wholesale experience. Candidate must have sold to and/or worked at Indigo Books
- Ability to drive and manage change management programs across functionally and geographically distributed strategic partner organizations
- Demonstrated commitment to exceptional customer experience
- Fueled by a strong desire to achieve, with proven experience to inspire passion and drive with an adaptability to succeed in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced growth environment
- Track record of disciplined execution that creates cross-functional alignment and delivers predictable outcomes
- Strong intellectual curiosity to develop and embrace new best practices and build a continuous improvement culture
- Combines competitiveness with empathy, along with a high-level of personal and professional integrity
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree is a plus
- Based in the Toronto area and be willing to travel ~25% of the time
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, for full-time employees, as well as a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.