- Work in clinical laboratory setting.
- Teach and train technologists in proper test application and performance.
- Assist technologists in performing assays when needed.
- Define the quality control measures for all assays and equipment; to review all equipment maintenance records on a monthly basis; to review all worksheets on specific assay runs; to document problems and monitor trends.
- Conduct technologist's competence and performance reviews and to recognize strengths and deficiencies and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Keep the laboratory up-to-date on new testing and technologies by attending workshops and special seminars or conferences.
- Assist director in various QC/QA/QI programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow College of American Pathology (CAP), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulatory policies.
- Day-to-day supervision of test performance by testing personnel.
- Monitoring examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
- Assuring that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratorys established performance specifications.
- In the event of non-conformance, ensuring that results of test examinations are not reporting until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning.
- Providing training to personnel.
- Help annual evaluation and documentation of the performance of all testing personnel.
- Participation and Documentation of Proficiency Test Program.
- Calibration and Maintenance of Lab Equipment.
- Purchasing Lab consumables and their verification.
- Monitoring temperature controlled spaces.
- Assist Section Laboratory Directors in maintaining personnel files.
- To assist technologists in performing assays when needed.
- Attend lab quality control and safety meetings to be informed of current lab and hospital safety policies.
- Maintain clinical competency and current professional knowledge by reading relevant journal articles and attending trainings.
- Perform other related duties.
A Bachelors degree (B.A or B.S) in a scientific discipline.
Minimum Related Experience
Six years of previous laboratory work Experience.