Manager, Workplace Operations
The Workplace Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day workplace operations of a particular 2U facility to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency as well as a satisfied and engaged 2Ute workplace experience.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
Operations and Space Management
- Supports special projects related to process improvement, green initiatives, and community building events
- Establishes new and updates existing policies and procedures as we continue to scale and grow to ensure the effective and safe operation of the facility
- Maintains facilities administrative system including but not limited to weekly auditing of floor plans, processing daily facilities tickets, inventory rotation, working with developers to ensure system is properly communicating with other systems (HR, IT, Tech, Finance, etc.)
- Responsible for capacity planning
Internal 2U Stakeholder Management
- Manages the daily requests, complaints, and queries of 2Utes, including the senior leadership level, to ensure quality service
- Attends HR hiring meetings and coordinate with senior management for new hire seating
- Coordinates with IT and HR during provisioning and deprovisioning of employees
- Serves as the Workplace Operations point-of-contact, especially for special events
- Manages vendors and landlords to include monitoring and reporting of budget, development of RFPs (request for proposals from vendors)
- Prospects with new vendors to reduce costs and enhance services provided to 2U, capitalizing on economies of scale as we continue to rapidly grow
- Supports internal communications for all things related to the physical building
- Maintains inventory of all furniture, appliances, fixtures, AV equipment, etc.
- Coordinates the routine maintenance and service of furniture, appliances and physical structures
- Conducts routine inspections of all workstations, conference room furniture and common spaces to ensure cleanliness and proper layouts are maintained
- As necessary, constructs, troubleshoots or makes minor repairs to furniture, appliances, fixtures, etc.
- Coaches and mentors Workplace Associates and Workplace Specialists, ensuring team is client-focused
Emergency Response Plan
- Manages and enforces the facilities' emergency response plan
- Monitors the safety of the physical space
- Monitors building access control
- Serves as the first responder to physical space challenges
- Partners with security
- Ensures health and safety procedures are up-to-date
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-6 years of customer service experience
- Experience in an office environment required
- Facilities maintenance experience required
- Enthusiasm, leadership, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with vendors and property managers to achieve results and solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Smartsheet)
- Experience with Salesforce, OfficeSpace a plus
- Engaging and approachable - strive to be known in the workplace
- Confident and assertive - able to convey authority and control
- Strong work ethic with a “can do“ positive attitude
- Solid organizational skills with a laser-focused eye for detail
- Consistently proactive approach to progress improvement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it's our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It's Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that's both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U's equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.