Macy’s Media Network will launch in 2020 with a mission to connect brands to consumers through data-driven marketing solutions. With more than 40M active customers annually, more than 500 stores, and one of the largest e-commerce platforms in the US, Macy’s is uniquely positioned to become a premier destination for fashion brands seeking to reach relevant audiences with personalized content. We are assembling a world-class team of experienced sales and marketing professionals to become the “founders” of this new retail media business for Macy’s. Join us and help shape this new chapter for Macy’s!
The Media Contracts Manager will be responsible for managing client advertising contracts and accounting set-up on behalf of Macy’s Media Network. This person must bring contract expertise and experience in advertising/media. While he/she will work with the Law Department on complex legal matters, the contract manager must be comfortable owning contracts (such as MSAs, NDAs, IOs) end-to-end including red-lining/revisions, negotiating and execution. The Media Contracts Manager will maintain all boilerplate forms and records and be the key stakeholder to work with vendors to ensure all paperwork is completed and billing information is set up. The Media Contracts Manager will ensure clear communication lines with MMN Sales and Operations teams as needed to flag any changes or issues that may impact the execution of campaigns. The Media Contracts Manager will serve as a first-level contact for Macy’s Media Network contractual questions and escalate to the Law Department only if substantial amendments are needed. This is a unique opportunity to support a team in a highly entrepreneurial environment (brand new offering in the market, small and nimble team) with the resources, organizational support and existing vendor relationships of an industry leader. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Create and handle Advertiser Agreements (both master agreements as well as IOs for individual campaigns).
- Advise media team about governing terms of their insertion orders, custom content agreements, and media vendor agreements.
- Work directly with advertisers to be set up as a new vendor for payment set up.
- Analyze all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Oversee complex contract negotiations and manages all changes in and addendums to existing contracts.
- Partner with the finance department to ensure correct billing and collection of contractual revenues.
- Establish and maintain boilerplate documents for all types of Advertising agreements.
- Maintain records and provide teams with appropriate advance notice to take actions required by contracts.
- Manage electronic and paper records.
- Assist with other project management related tasks as required (e.g., project briefs).
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s and/or Paralegal Degree Required.
- 4 years Contracts experience. Experience in advertising or media required and experience working on contracts between large corporates preferred.
- Experience with IAB terms and agency insertion orders.
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with internal / external stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to research and understand legal and financial implication.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to simplify complex challenges and manage through ambiguity.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Advanced MS Word proficiency and basic MS Excel proficiency.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Ability to glean and synthesize information from a variety of sources.
- Initiates and builds relationships with key internal stakeholders, including Accounting and legal.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Deep understanding of contracts, contract governance, contractual language and the contract lifecycle.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.