E/m-commerce is the fastest growing channel for Tom Ford Beauty. The Global Site Experience Manager, reporting to the Director, Global Ecommerce, will continually optimize and enhance the global online experience, drive the creation of site content and will own the development and dissemination of the product grid. This person will work collaboratively across many teams (marketing, creative, ecommerce, engineering, customer service, consumer engagement, analytics, etc.) to drive new site functionality, global market rollouts, and the optimization of existing functionality to meet brand objectives. The role will manage multiple site experience projects (enhancement, functionality, features, etc) simultaneously. He/She will partner with the local market and Global teams to guide platform appropriate brand content and integrate digital marketing programs. Communicating new functionality, assets, brand guidelines, programs and initiatives is key, along with a thorough understanding of the differences and challenges faced by each market.
Additionally, the role will be responsible for oversight of the day-to-day site operations of the international sites in the UK, EMEA and APAC, across brands. Responsibilities include site merchandising, content management, conversion optimization and analytics, and partnership with inventory management to support commercial programming.
Site Merchandising and Content Management
- Detailed understanding of the Marketing Calendars (product launches, promotions, campaign priorities, selling strategies, etc.).
- Manage and execute the global site roadmap to always adapt to the changing digital landscape, delight customers and exceed business goals.
- Comprehensive understanding of content tools necessary to load and maintain product details and content (including but not limited to .net, CMS, etc.) on site.
- Responsible for merchandising of all product details and content modules on site, at times working in concert with Local Market Teams, Site Production or Third-Party Vendors to manage more technical implementations of content.
- Ongoing QA in Dev, Stage and Live environments to ensure accuracy of product details and content linking strategies.
- Work with online refresh to make sure all digital program updates are in line with refresh timing.
- Develop and layout content plan for International markets web site to ensure update of site content and sale of new product. Maintain and distribute changes to Refresh Calendar.
- Work with and support E-Commerce Director with optimizing web site functionality for successful program execution.
- Lead the development of global brand.com analytics dashboards. Assist local markets with analytics by creating in depth reporting of consumer behavior for onsite promotions and marketing. Assist in the overall analysis and documentation of campaigns/promotions.
- Manages site maintenance to ensure refresh integrity of the site and merchandising optimizations; evaluate productivity and site metrics based on analytics
- Monitor site for bugs and help rectify/enhance user experience
- Track and manage all site projects; liaise with engineers, developers, and creative team for changes, fixes, updates, and enhancements to the site
- Oversee new product launch process (and promotions) and setup ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all relevant ecommerce and brand content working with internal stakeholders
- Manage the end-to-end QA and UAT process across all environments for new site promotions and product launches
- Maintain and update content for site on an ongoing basis, spearheading weekly refreshes while utilizing multiple digital tools and platforms
- Manage all SKUs in .NET, updating them on an ad hoc or as-needed basis
- Detailed understanding of internal and third party analytics tools (including but not limited to .net, Omniture, SAS, DataWarehouse, Google Analytics, Baidu etc).
- Point for all internal site, program, product, promotion, etc, analysis that is done either on an ongoing basis or to support special one-off requests.
- Periodic maintenance of Global Navigation elements.
- Communicate all special programs and promotions to internal stakeholders i.e. customer service, email operations, etc) for full awareness of online activity. Provide follow-up support as necessary.
- Lead entering new product information and copy into database. Update database to reflect discontinued products, changes in price, shades, weight and copy. Maintain product categories in database.
- Provide direction to outside vendors for consistency with brand image as it relates to the look and feel of each page with emphasis on sales productivity, usability and overall site and brand integrity.
Improving Site Functionality & User Experience including Omni and Loyalty Initiatives
- Establish and determine key objectives for site improvements with Director and work with outside vendors to phase in key improvements.
- Manage timeline and resources on implementation of special projects such as omnichannel integration, loyalty program integration, video modules, seasonal merchandising programs, new site launches, sweepstakes and other ecommerce business initiatives.
- Ensure best practice and user centered design while adding new features and content for best engagement levels and positioning
- 5 years in project management and site usability, on a branded ecommerce business
- Highly experienced in responsive design and usability principals (user interface and user experience) across platforms from both a functional and design perspective
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to turn insights into action
- Experience working in or with China and APAC teams strongly preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of delivering a range of projects based on scope, timeline, cost, and quality
- Extremely strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to multi-task successfully and strategically
- Must be able to effectively communicate, collaborate and influence across cross functional teams and pro-actively problem solve
- Proficiency required in MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- College degree required; BA/BS in marketing, computer science or a related discipline preferred.
- Available for early morning/late night calls due to varying time zones and potential travel