Univision Communications Inc., the leading Hispanic media company in the U.S., is seeking a Manager to join its Corporate Communications group to be based in either its Los Angeles, New York or Miami offices and will report to the team's Director of Corporate Communications. This department leverages key national publications, media trades, thought leadership events and social media to positively position Univision and its portfolio of assets with clients, key influencers and stakeholders.
The Manager of Corporate Communications will liaise with business units across the enterprise to develop, manage and execute external communications ranging from media campaigns in support of our content distribution efforts to financial communication and local station public relations. In addition to supporting these specific business areas, the Manager will support with executive thought leadership, major events and other corporate priorities more broadly. The ideal candidate should have background in the media industry.
- Develop strategies and manage day-to-day execution of comprehensive B2B communications programs to support the company's top-rated media portfolio and corporate functions, including but not limited to distribution, investor relations, ad sales and the company's local television and radio station group
- Provide strategic and tactical communications support for the content licensing and distribution sales team
- Lead the writing and editing of high-level, high-quality press materials, including press releases, memos, social media posts, pitches and bylined articles, among others
- Pitch and foster relationships with top-tier media industry trade press and key media contacts
- Proactively develop ideas and opportunities for feature articles, interviews, awards, presentations, social media and other PR activities that promote awareness of company initiatives
- Engage with senior leaders to develop high quality written material for internal and external distribution including as part of thought leadership initiatives
- Serve as an internal representative of the Corporate Communications team, working with various departments within the company
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in corporate communications, journalism and/or a related field
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a media related company
- Exceptional writing and editing abilities
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience at a media company is a plus
- Strong media relationships across trade and business outlets
- Superior organizational skills, great attention to detail and follow-through
- Efficient manager with strong ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of social media and related tools
- Must be willing to work out of one of the three primary locations: New York, Miami or Los Angeles
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.