NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Maintenance Worker.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for performing work related to maintenance, repair and operation of plant, equipment and systems, which does not require the specific skill of a mechanic. Such tasks include, but are not limited to electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, General and Preventative Maintenance, Building Maintenance and other tasks.
- Electrical repairs - Replaces 110v receptacles, switches and florescent ballasts. Replaces light bulbs and tubes. Repairs light fixtures. Investigates status of equipment. Replaces fuses (low voltage). Checks outlets, traces electric circuits, etc.
- Plumbing - Repairs flushometers. Replaces faucet washers. Unclogs drains toilets, urinals, etc. with hand snake. Investigates leaks. Assists plumbers with power snakes. Assists in repairing and replacing damaged or defective piping fixtures in an efficient manner.
- Refrigeration - Cleans, removes and replaces filters in DX and window air conditioners. Assists mechanics with installation of air conditioners. Preventive maintenance of systems. Refrigeration units.
- General and Preventive Maintenance - Lubricates equipment, changes filters. Assists with belt replacement. Repairs mobile equipment. Assists mechanics. Performs electrical and pneumatic connections under the supervision of the mechanic. Cleans equipment and tools to ensure they remain in proper working condition.
- Building Maintenance - Replaces suspended ceiling tiles. Reattaches hanging items (soap dispensers, lights, pictures, etc.). Re-glues base molding and floor tiles.
- Assists mechanics with larger, more complicated repairs. Assists mechanics with larger, more complicated repairs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a High school graduation or trade school degree and two years of experience working in the general maintenance or helper trade or, at the discretion of the hiring manager, Construction, Real Estate, Architectural, Facilities or Health Care organization. At the discretion of the hiring manager, trade school may reduce the requirement to zero years experience.
Trade school education is desirable. Two years prior experience as maintenance mechanic or helper is desirable.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.