Junior Accountant – US Corporate
Location: New York City
We are seeking an energetic Junior Accountant for our U.S. Corporate Accounting team. Our corporate accounting team is responsible for the global accounting and reporting of Outbrain across various international locations. You will play a key role in ensuring the maintenance and integrity of certain account ledgers with a heavy focus on the end of month/quarter/year-end process.
You will work closely with multiple levels within Global Finance, which represents a great opportunity to gain experience in many aspects of a finance department in a rapidly growing digital organisation.
The successful applicant will fulfill the following tasks:
- General accounting - GL maintenance, account reconciliations, monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes, bank reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting information for Outbrain budget owners, Management and Finance executive team
- Assist in the analysis of variances for specific balances, such as Professional services fees, Licenses & Apps, Patents and other key accounts, including valuable finance insight and storytelling to key stakeholders
- Manage PO process and ensure proper accruals
- Support local auditors
- Handle other ad hoc tasks within finance when required
- Grow within a finance organization moving to become a leader in the digital area
- Embrace change and system automation allowing scalability and adding value and strategic insight to the business
The staff accountant will demonstrate the following:
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and liaise across multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) to achieve objectives
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent collaborator
- Attention to detail and ability to take ownership of work and bring to completion
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and planning ability
- A great communicator who can respond quickly in a fast-moving environment, with all levels including management and external parties
- Demonstrated ability to handle changing circumstances when necessary
- Self-motivation with an interest in understanding how tasks, processes (and to some extend systems) relate to the overall running and management of the business
- A proactive attitude with the aptitude to take initiative to get things done and an ability to anticipate
- Technology savvy
To be successful, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (required)
- Preference for Big-4 experience and/or experience in auditing fast growing Hi-Tech companies
- US GAAP knowledge
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- NetSuite and Adaptive experience a plus
Outbrain is the world's discovery feed technology for the open web supported by the only end-to-end native advertising stack for publishers and advertisers. We make the discovery of content, products, and services possible. A third of the world's internet-connected population explore and discover information through our feed technology, which is trusted by emerging to established brands and integrated into thousands of media companies' tech stacks to manage and monetize their publishing operations. Outbrain operates in 55 countries and is headquartered in New York City with offices in 18 cities worldwide. Learn more at www.outbrain.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
The brainy culture that ignites the halls of Outbrain has even been industry-recognized and awarded 'Best Tech Work Culture' in 2018 by Tech In Motion.
Interested in discovering what's next for your career at Outbrain?