With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation's leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. As one of the 10 largest insurance brokerage firms in the U.S., Alliant operates through a national network of offices providing property and casualty, workers' compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to clients nationwide.
This position may be located in San Francisco, CA; Walnut Creek, CA; Chicago, IL; or New York, NY.
Responsible for ensuring book of business is managed effectively and efficiently by working collaboratively with global benefit team members and country brokers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as the lead representative to an assigned book-of-business;
- Manages all client required services and maintains client relationship with minimal input from
- Collaborates with the International Benefits Consultant and Benefit Analyst to identify and evaluate the client's specific characteristics including benefit needs, design, group demographics and employee census;
- Acts as direct point of contact for client from time of lead;
- Receives and responds to client inquiries including benefit and claim questions and issues;
- Develops strategic solutions to reduce risk associated with clients mobile workforce through programs such as business travel accident, overseas medical plan, expat plan, EAP, etc.;
- Provides guidance on statutory benefit and typical market practice benefits to ensure benefits are compliant and are competitive;
- Proactively manages country renewals;
- Reviews clients renewal reports and presents them;
- Serves as technical expert, assisting department members to resolve complex issues; Identifies and develops cross-sell opportunities;
- Create new client sales opportunities;
- Complies with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information);
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum 5 years related work experience, preferably in Global Benefits
Valid Insurance license
Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
Knowledge of or experience in International Benefits preferred but not required
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
Good problem solving and time management skills
Ability to use prudent judgment and discretion in handling confidential client information
Ability and motivation to work independently
Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
Fluent in any foreign language is a plus
Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Power Point and Excel
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees' needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
For immediate consideration for this position, please click on the “Submit Resume“ button.
Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you are applying for a job and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call our Career Center at 1-877-901-9473 and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.