The Insurance Product team is focused on connecting the dots between the insurance needs of our customers and products from insurers in the market. The team owns what we sell and is responsible for selecting, designing, developing, implementing and managing the range of insurance products we offer.
The team works with people across the business including Sales, Marketing and Engineering. The primary measures used to judge success in the Insurance Products Team are: customer quotability, customer uptake and successful customer outcomes when using our products and the team is accountable for delivering results on these.
- Lead the types of insurance products we sell in a specific set of industries: Proactively engage with stakeholders to set the direction of your products, and ensuring alignment with the overall Insurance Product strategy and roadmap
- Explore customer problems and identify opportunities to resolve the issues
- Use customer and data insight from,the market, our sales funnel, competitors, and claims to inform prioritisation of initiatives
- Take responsibility for forming hypotheses, defining target KPIs to measure the success of your product
- Ensure stakeholders are kept up to date and we deliver in an efficient manner, breaking down changes into smaller value chunks and iterate through delivery
- Deliver solutions in an agile way by: writing user stories and acceptance criteria, planning delivery sprints and coordinating across the business with key stakeholders and other teams
- Drive continuous improvement to ensure that we’re meeting the needs of our customers, ensuring our insurance products are suitable, and delivered in an easy to understand format
- Empowerment and learning are important to us. You’ll have autonomy to make decisions on what we execute on while being accountable for results, ultimately playing a pivotal role in driving our continued success
- Cares deeply about customers
- Champions and loves learning, both through and with others
- Collaboration and compromises in the right way
- Can change gears and adapt in a fast paced environment demonstrates ownership, responsiveness – a bias to action, and commitment has experience in delivering a great insurance product – where you had a hands-on role in building / running one or more insurance products
- Has a track record of making trade-off calls on prioritisation – being able to demonstrate great decision making using data and evidence driven significant improvement in your product – from ideation to live with measurable success across defined KPIs
- Can effectively worked with senior business leaders / stakeholders outside of your immediate team to facilitate requirement gathering/elicitation sessions
- Has excellent technical insurance knowledge – you must be technically competent in how insurance products work (e.g. underwriting principles and risk selection)has strong problem-solving skills, motivated to take on challenges with minimal direction has several years of experience in commercial insurance lines
Perks we offer at Zensurance:
· Opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest growing insurtech start up
· Contemporary office downtown TO, 1 minute from Osgoode Station and 7 minutes from Union Station
· Flexible work environment / work from home arrangements available to everyone
· Modern technology - laptops provided to all staff
· Comprehensive, flexible health and dental plans to suit all lifestyles
· Weekly Friday company-wide meetings in our comfortable #zenden with beverages and great snacks
· Build next level relationships with your peers through scheduled companywide team building events
· Be a part of something special, we are confident you won’t find any other insurance company like us :)
Who we are. What we're building.
Business is hard work, insurance doesn’t have to be!
At Zensurance we believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
We are passionate about providing business owners with the best insurance solutions at great rates through an online and easy to use platform.
Our secret sauce is all about our culture. Here at Zensurance our culture is built on three core values that we live and breathe everyday, they are:
INSPIRE: We put people first and empower them to be the best they can be.
INVENT: We take an innovative approach to creating straightforward solutions for our customers.
DELIVER: We set ambitious goals and hold ourselves accountable to achieving them.
If reading all that piqued your interest, drop us a line and let us know why you would be a great fit for us. Whether it be through a resume - or something else you think is better - send us what you believe will impress us. Show us your creative process - how you think and solve problems!
True to its Canadian values, Zensurance celebrates diversity in its workforce structure and encourages applications from all backgrounds.