Olo is looking for a smart and passionate Head of Technical Recruiting to join our Talent team. The Head of Tech Recruiting will lead our recruiting efforts to build our Engineering, Product
• Design teams in New York and across the country. This role will be instrumental in supporting Olo's rapid scale.
The Head of Tech Recruiting will partner with hiring managers and executives to understand and anticipate their team's upcoming needs and priorities and how they fit into the organization as a whole. They will implement processes, strategize, and lead the recruitment process for our technical departments ensuring Olo is hiring a world class group of engineers, product managers, and technical professionals that help Olo hit its goals. Ideal candidates are excited to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, team-oriented environment.
You will oversee the entire recruiting process from role development to sourcing and closing, and ensure a high quality experience for all candidates. You will also network online and offline with potential candidates to promote the Olo brand in the appropriate engineering and development communities, reduce our time-to-hire and ensure we attract the best professionals. The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of knowledge to the team to help inform recruiting best practices, candidate management, as well as help provide mentorship to other team members.
This is a full-time position in downtown New York City.
- Manage and mentor team members to grow Tech Recruiting functions.
- Facilitate the lifecycle of a candidate, from writing technical job descriptions, to sourcing and interacting with candidates, to administering the code tests, to coordinating with internal partners, and finally to closing the candidate.
- Coordinate with hiring and team leads to forecast and facilitate hiring needs.
- Source potential candidates on well-known (LinkedIn) and niche platforms (Stack Overflow, Github).
- Perform pre-screening calls to analyze applicants' abilities.
- Interview candidates combining various methods (e.g. structured interviews, technical assessments and behavioral questions).
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates.
- Participate in tech conferences and meetups to network with tech professionals.
- Actively strive to increase diversity in hiring through networking and building relationships with diversity organizations in tech.
- Compose job offer letters.
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products.
- Analyze recruiting metrics to identify areas of improvement and provide data-driven recommendations to team members and key stakeholders.
- Manage high volume of roles at one time.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Human Resources Management, IT, or other relevant subject matter.
- Proven work experience, 5 years
• as a Technical Recruiter.
- Strong interest in management and mentorship of other team members.
- Experience sourcing, pitching and closing candidates.
- Hands-on experience with various interview formats (e.g. phone, Google Hangouts, and structured in-person).
- Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for technical roles.
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g. social media recruiting and Boolean search).
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems and resume databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of HR practices and labor legislation.
- Legally able to work in the U.S.
Olo is the on-demand interface for the restaurant industry, powering digital ordering and delivery for over 250 restaurant brands. Olo's enterprise-grade software powers every stage of the digital restaurant transaction, from fully-branded user interfaces to the back-of-house order management features that keep the kitchen running smoothly. Orders from Olo are injected seamlessly into existing restaurant systems to help brands capture demand from on-demand channels such as branded website and apps, third-party marketplaces, social media channels, and personal assistant devices like the Amazon Echo. Olo is a pioneer in the industry, beginning with text message ordering on mobile feature phones in 2005. Today, millions of consumers use Olo to order ahead (SKIP THE LINE®) or get meals delivered from the restaurants they love. Customers include Applebee's, Chili's, Chipotle, Denny's, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Red Robin, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more.
Olo is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!).
We encourage you to apply!
At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed in doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!