Head of Supply Strategy & Operations
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions—including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
The Head of Supply Strategy & Operations will own our global third-party exchange integrations that enable Amazon’s advertiser customers to realize the scale and performance of programmatic advertising. You will be expected to establish a vision and key priorities and success metrics for the program, make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time to market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal and cross-functional partner teams. Core skill areas for this role include data collection and analytics, advertiser support, product requirements gathering and managing and growing the team. You will be responsible for the end-to-end customer experience on 3rd party supply within Amazon DSP and work with stakeholders across the advertising organization, from marketing to product to finance. You will help define our strategy and will design and implement program direction to ensure we are enabling business growth. You have excellent communication skills and judgment and are comfortable evangelizing our supply side capabilities and services with a wide range of senior business and technical leaders inside and outside Amazon.
You will have the opportunity to influence the way Amazon Advertising manages ad campaigns across hundreds of thousands of web sites and mobile apps around the world, in support of a wide range of fast-growing advertising programs. This role is based in New York, and will collaborate heavily with partner teams in Seattle and Palo Alto
In this role, you will:
· Own our exchange partnerships globally
· Understand the voice of the customer and how they think about media buying and supply activation and ensure our products deliver against core customer needs
· Define the success metrics for the program and track performance. Utilize metrics to dive deep on issues and uncover business trends and anomalies.
· Dive deep into the integrations to assess health and efficiency
· Partner with industry leading exchanges and SSPs and act as a programmatic expert and advocate internally, understanding current and future capabilities to aid with prioritization
· Work with business, product, and engineering leaders to build and execute a strategic business plan aligned with long-term objectives
· Act as liaison to the industry driving adoption of industry standards internally
Influence industry bodies in accordance with Amazon Advertising priorities
· Experience managing teams of 6 or more
· Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
· Experience owning program strategy and end to end delivery
· 7+ years experience delivering cross functional projects or 5+ years of experience with an MBA
· Experience defining and executing against program requirements
· Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation or standardization
· 7+ years of experience managing teams
· Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
· Minimum 7 years experience in the digital advertising, ad tech, or marketing fields.
· Experience building and growing teams
· Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, design, product, and project management stakeholders to deliver products
· Strong analytical, organizational and quantitative skills
· Excellent communication skills – experience in writing and presenting comprehensive narratives on opportunity, objectives, goals, and plans to customers, stakeholders and senior leaders.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Strong bias for action; ability to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
· Experience engaging with advertiser and ad agency customers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.