Graduate Tunneling Engineer - Available 2020
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you'll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Interpret ground conditions and understand their impact on design and construction.
- Prepare and review drawings detailing the designs.
- Civil and geotechnical design and calculations.
- Conducting background research on specific locations, strategies or policies
- Data collection and analysis
- Use of specialist software packages
- Completing and documenting technical analyses
- Report writing
- Attending team, consultant and client meetings
- Working with people from other disciplines to gain knowledge on new subjects.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent with emphasis on Structures, Geotechnics, Mining
- 0 GPA or higher
- EIT/FE Desired
- Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering or similar with emphasis on Tunneling or Geotechnics
- Coursework in Underground Design and Construction, Mechanical Tunneling and Construction, Concrete and Steel Design, Rock Mechanics, Soil Mechanics, Geology, Construction Management
- Geotechnical and Structural software skills, AutoCAD/MicroStation skills
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
- Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
- WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
- Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
- Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
- Queen's Way West Revitalization, Canada
- Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
- Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
- Personal Health Insurance
- 401(k) - with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10%
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
- Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.