Our client, a Fortune 100 global leader in the financial services industry is hiring a Fundamental Credit Valuation Analyst to join their team in NYC.
This person will begin working from home, but will eventually need to sit on site, so only local candidates will be considered.
Overview of Role
EMEA GCSS Finance would like to hire an experienced professional to support the Distressed businesses in EMEA.
The successful applicant will join a team of two valuation professionals in the region supporting the Special Situations Group. The team is comprised of experienced and motivated professionals who are highly regarded by senior management and control partners, providing a center of expertise for valuation methodologies and appropriate reporting of these, as well as communicating to and informing senior management around valuation issues in their businesses.
- Verify trader valuations across different distressed asset classes, which will include both quantitative and qualitative assessments. Finance is expected to understand all pricing model inputs, pricing systems, theory, and expected capital markets execution. Finance will create its own inputs and pricing models in order to qualitatively and quantitatively assess valuation assumptions
- Communicate opinions and recommendations to the traders and senior management. Finance is responsible for communicating conclusions and recommendations to the desk on the back of an analysis. In addition, it is often called upon by senior management to summarize, at a moments notice, all pricing methodology
- Implement systematic pricing processes, which needs to be set up in such a manner that they can be replicated over periods, give the ability to compare results with prior periods, and be doable by more than one member of the team
- Deliver all pricing work in a timing matter, there will be periods of time where a large number of valuations will absolutely need to get done in a short time period
- Produce high quality work as all price review work must be well-written and work must be presented to the candidates manager and front office in a clear and concise format
- Seek improvement in existing processes, which should continually be refined. All processes must be self-audited on a regular basis, and this audit should make it clear to management where improvements are needed, suggestions for solving the weakness, and expected timeframes to put improvements in place
- Ability to lead, the candidate should be able to drive processes as well as provide guidance to more junior members of the team
Competencies we look for
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, the candidate must clearly demonstrate the ability to logically present a given argument in written form as well as being able to articulate a given opinion concisely
- The candidate must have excellent understanding of the distressed market and the different valuation methods are that are used in this space
- The candidate should have the ability to drill down and/or provide a bottoms up approach to valuation. Without this ability, the person will never be able to argue from a position of strength as the trader will be able to easily rebut arguments
- The candidate must be highly analytical and have experience in building discounted cashflow models and have solid valuation skills around valuation multiples
- The candidate must also be a good listener, a problem solver, and well organized
- The candidate should have good interpersonal skill and must be able to interact with people within the firm from a variety of disciplines, including traders, trading management, other control people and senior management.
- The candidate should be motivated and have a high level of intellectual curiosity
- The candidate should be highly commercial
Skills we look for
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a financial discipline
- Relevant experience in distressed asset valuation across loans, corporates and real estate. The candidate should have expertise in the construction and review of valuation and financial models including, DCF, comparable company among others
- Good working knowledge of accounting concepts and ability to understand company financials
- Investment banking experience
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to build models and use spreadsheets
- Bloomberg systems experience
- Experience with process improvements and risk management
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience (trading desk, FINANCE, middle office & market risk)
- European language skills
- Prior front office experience (desirable)
Top 3 required skill-sets
- Valuation / Modeling
- Credit Products