Full Stack Engineer - Platform Mission
The Platform team crafts the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many fields, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify efficiency, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our team. We enjoy researching and developing state of the art, platformized solutions that offer the best experience possible to the Spotify developer community. We are currently building the next-generation platform for data processing at Spotify. This platform will offer teams a flawless experience to deploy, inspect, monitor and handle their data pipelines, providing increased options to fine tune and optimize their performance and cost. We lead a strong open source culture, chipping in to large open-source code bases, taking care to build up the community around these projects and being mindful about contributing back.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to Backstage views that support the user experience for the new data processing platform -- Backstage is a platform for building developer portals developed internally at Spotify that has recently been open sourced
- Craft backend systems that support the Backstage user experience and contribute to the platform’s infrastructure and tools
- Craft a cohesive user experience by understanding our users as well as the different components of Spotify’s data processing ecosystem
- Share knowledge, develop and evangelize methods and standards, collaborating with some of Spotify’s best engineers
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with exciting and pioneering work, the freedom to acquire new skills via hack weeks, reading groups, and a variety of internal training courses
- Be an active contributor to open-source projects
Who you are:
- Experienced in building APIs and client libraries used by multiple engineering teams and have worked with protocols like gRPC, REST GraphQL
- Knowledgeable about data modeling, storage and access techniques
- You are experienced in one or more of the following: Java, Golang, Scala
- Passionate about data and demonstrate an interest in understanding the internals of data processing at scale
- Know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming, and automated testing
- Enjoy and actively participate in product development end-to-end: user research, discovery, coding, testing, deployment, monitoring, support and user feedback
- You are comfortable with asynchronous communication, being able to work independently, being attentive to sharing context with the rest of your team
- You think open source first, understanding the value of building up a community and contributing back
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.