EVP Account Director
New York, NY
Skills, Capabilities and Experience/Expertise:
- Extensive experience in eCommerce retailer and manufacturer landscape e.g.: Across Amazon, Tesco, Carrefour, Alibaba, Mercado Livre, Chewy, Zooplus etc. as well as from peer group manufacturing companies like P&G, Nestle, General Mills, Unilever, Reckitt, GSK, L'Oreal etc. This experience should largely be around non DTC executions with major retailer partners globally
- Leadership within eCommerce in working with cross functional partners from sales, marketing, analytics, supply chain, IT etc.
- Bias for commercial outcomes: Some experience in P&L management or influence and bias for commercial outcomes in a data driven and analytics supported manner.
- New commerce: Some experience in assessing, launching, supporting new commerce capabilities like last miler (third party delivery), social commerce, frictionless commerce, claims and commercialization using consumer sentiment, retail/shoppable media and other such evolving areas in digital commerce
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills especially in the areas of ecommerce market share, digital shelf analytics etc.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and followership within the CPG sector in eCommerce
Partnership and way of working:
- Bring in the 10 percent and 10X thinking to Colgate teams i.e., ability to do different things and do things differently
- Support evolution and help in accelerating Colgate teams from center of excellence to center of acceleration i.e., be an influencer but also a practitioner and SME in enabling the knowing as well as enabling the doing
- Challenger and Growth mindset is necessary and required
- Data driven and ability to bring the outside in at Colgate. Best of breed comparatives from category and lead markets, as well as from adjacencies. Benchmark competitors to support best in class improvements at Colgate
- Partner closely with the global head of digital commerce on key priorities, support in delivering them for major markets and divisions. Having the ability to uniquely contribute in individual capacity as well as lean in at overall WPP expertise as needed to bring the best of WPP digital commerce to CP
- Ability to go deep and stay strategic at the same time e.g.: be able to define share of search metrics, traffic, cost to serve with the same ease as strategize on eCommerce market share measurement and sales targets etc.
- Excellent communication and influence without authority skills to gain buy in from stakeholders
- Self-starter and highly motivated & inspired to bring eCommerce front and center and impactful for Colgate stakeholders. Exceptional project management ability.