Audit Division Executive, Managing Director - IAA Transformation Risk Controls Advisory and Assurance
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
The Audit Division Executive, Managing Director - IAA Transformation Risk Controls Advisory and Assurance will report to the Deputy Chief Audit Executive for MUAH and have the overall responsibility of overseeing IAA's Transformation engagement, including strategy setting, governance, oversight and execution., Engagement will include internal and external stakeholder management, staff management, development and execution of support program initiatives, and accountability for the quality and judgement call in results deliverables.
Additionally, this role will coordinate and collaborate with the relevant executive management and executive heads of internal audit under matrix approach, to implement these strategies, drive advancement of transformation IAA initiatives as well as cross-functional projects. Help develop, plan and maintain the plan design and execution while being managed properly, coordinate day to day activities between IAA's Transformation team and other control functions (1st line and 2nd line of defense), provide advice or feedback to program leads, and issue independent reports to Senior Management and the board on a quarterly basis about the status of the plan, and the effectiveness of the overall program execution.
MUFG Americas is embarking on a business and technology transformation to effectively deliver five key business visions:
- Business Agility
- Client Experience
Across all Pillars / Programs:
The Core Banking Program is a multi-year effort that will deliver a world-class Deposit Platform for consumer, small business, commercial and transaction banking to enable the bank's competitive market position. This will serve our customers' best interests by providing an improved product suite and improved channel functionality, increased financial performance, and it will also eliminate significant legacy platforms.
The Data Governance, Infrastructure & Reporting Program is a multi-year effort that will establish a new data strategy for MUFG, drive a foundational clean-up of the data capabilities across the enterprise, deliver a holistic operating model, rationalize and modernize reporting processes and output, and simplify data systems & architecture.
The Technology Modernization Program is a multi-year effort that will implement a scalable, secure, compliant, and efficient technology platform; enable the Technology organization to be 'fit for growth' to meet future acquisition, customer growth, and product needs; drive a step-change reduction in technology operating costs; increase speed-to-market; minimize residual risk; and ensure security and compliance.
The Agile Program is a multi-year effort that will design, develop and implement an auditable agile framework for
the enterprise by reengineering upstream and downstream processes; create a product-centric organization to maximize agile best practices, while maintaining the principles of the IT Strategy and Planning process; increase business value and employee engagement; reduce number of manually-created artifacts required to satisfy risk control objectives; improve throughput of project delivery while reducing turnaround of year over year project appropriations; architect a number of enhancements including a service-oriented platform, migration to the cloud, rationalizing our application portfolio,
and overhauling delivery processes.
This position directly manages 3 - 4 direct reports. Budget management responsibilities may be assigned from time to time. Travel is required for the position, with an estimated range of 20-40% varying on the location of the candidate and key staff and stakeholder geographies.
- Effectively manage senior executive relationships (internally and externally) to mutually accountable, productive, respectful, and trusted level. (I.e. Provide program updates to Internal Audit Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and inform them with any potential issues related to the transformation program, provide 3rd line feedback to any assessment work performed by the 1st line of defense, coordinate and collaborate with other Internal Audit transformation pillar leads to collect and aggregate pillar level program information and interact with regulators and provide answers to regulatory inquiries
- Develop and manage a team of managers and staff, who will be directly accountable for executing the Transformation Strategy; ensure enabling functions have a core business understanding of the agenda and effectively partner with them to leverage/enhance/develop tools and processes that will lead to a technology transformation for MUFG Americas (I.e. Team quality/capability and ongoing professional development, employee engagement/satisfaction, budget and deliverables at a high quality).
- Act as a leader and role model to develop and promote a work place culture that values diversity of thought, promotes integrity and creates an atmosphere that supports coaching and fosters accountability; engage as a team player across peer group and in influencing the Executive Leadership Team; manage a team of managers and auditors and develop staff across the department; and continuously improve self and department. (e.g., employee engagement Survey, staff feedback, corporate social responsibility, personal professional development, peer and external results).
- Develop the multi-year strategy for efficient and effective audit coverage of the Bank's Transformation Program and adapt as appropriate throughout execution.
- Structure and execute an efficient and effective approach to leading the overall day-to-day management and advancement of the IAA Transformation Program initiatives to help develop a leading MUFG Americas Technology Program; represent IAA as needed in matrix forums, strategic teams or committees (preparatory materials, direct participation, or representative);
- Provides business expertise and leadership within own and other teams; provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness of processes and programs; Foresees, identifies and resolves problems; monitors results on an ongoing basis against pre-determined metrics and reports on any significant program changes
- Independently assess program risks and engage with Risk Working Groups at program pillar level, provide feedback to each pillar lead on any risk and control concerns related to execution, information security, operational stability, and regulatory compliance including engaging with:
- AWS cloud computing teams to ensure proper security and operation controls are in place and appropriate for the cloud computing environment
- Agile teams to ensure control considerations are proactively built in as project requirements from the start
- Data Governance teams to ensure the data strategy is aligned with business strategy and support for future growth
- Core Banking Platform teams to ensure the vendor product meets the bank's strategic requirements
- Provide independent quarterly reports to the Chief Transformation Officer, Senior Management and the board regarding to the status of the program, and the effectiveness of the program execution in terms of the overall deliverables