A worldwide provider of insurance, investment and travel assistance services is seeking an E-Discovery Technology and Operations Analyst to support its in-house corporate E-Discovery program. The position will be responsible for managing the collections technology tools and providing E-Discovery related program support in connection with all litigation and internal investigation matters.
This role is based in New York City.
Duties and responsibilities of the position:
- Primarily responsible for conducting searches of company e-mail, communication applications and networked drives for documents responsive to search terms in all litigation and investigation matters using forensic technology tools
- Primarily responsible for collecting underwriting files in connection with insurance litigation matters
- Primarily responsible for collecting claim files in connection with insurance litigation matters
- Primarily responsible for liaising with outside counsel to facilitate the transfer of documents to counsel for review/production
- Assist in-house attorneys with technical aspects of document review, including:
- Uploading documents to review platform(s)
- Grouping/searching documents for targeted issues or privilege reviews in review platform(s)
- Identifying sensitive categories of documents to be highlighted prior to attorney review
- Management of documents on review platforms, including assignment of control numbers, segregation of privileged documents
- Preparation of productions for in-house legal matters
- Preparation of privilege logs for attorney review/input/supplementation
- Provide expertise on technical aspects of E-Discovery collections in development of company protocols
- Advise on technical aspects of existing protocols and identify areas of potential improvement
- Liaise with E-Discovery vendors to identify product and technology opportunities
- Stay current with E-Discovery best practices and state-of-the-industry technology and applications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- At least five years of experience as a forensic technology and data security professional working with E-Discovery. Must have experience managing the collection, processing, review and analysis of electronically stored information, in a corporate business setting and/or medium to large law firm or other professional services environment. Experience with E-discovery implementation projects and insurance industry experience are a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with CommVault, Symantec, and Veritas Enterprise Vault environments. Experience with Encase a plus.
- Ability to work well with an interdisciplinary, interdepartmental team.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in clear language for non-experts and senior management in other business lines.
- Compliance/records management skills a plus.
- Certified E-Discovery Specialist a plus
- Able to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously with a high degree of professionalism, client service orientation and adherence to deadlines.