At HyperScience we develop and deliver intelligent solutions to automate manual document processing for global financial services, insurance, healthcare, and government organizations. Founded in 2014, our solution extracts handwritten, cursive and printed typed text at better-than-human levels of accuracy and automation that get better over time. By streamlining operations and reducing the costs associated with data entry, we enable some of the world’s largest companies to improve customer service and drive new business opportunities.
With more than $50 million raised to date, we’re growing quickly and looking for individuals to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Reporting to the VP of Product, you will lead HyperScience’s product design and user research functions. You’ll partner with Product and Engineering leadership to set our overall product vision, strategy, and customer experience, and you’ll lead and develop a strong team of designers and researchers to deliver on those goals. Your work will include building the infrastructure we need to deliver consistent customer experiences - establishing solid, foundational research practices. You will manage and hire for a fast growing design team.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Success leadership to develop the product strategy that will help us to achieve our company objectives
- Provide mentorship and direction for the Product Design team
- Partner closely with the Product and Engineering teams to build cross-functional teams that can deliver product and service solutions that solve for users problems
- Drive strategic initiatives and establish scalable processes that allow team members to focus and do their best work
- Define and build our user research capabilities to ensure that we have the knowledge we need to make informed product decisions
- Grow the Product Design team by anticipating hiring needs and recruiting the best individual contributors and managers
- Build, foster and advocate a design culture across the company
- At least 5 years leading design teams at a technology company
- Experience in crafting design visions and strategies - and the ability to motivate others to independently execute those strategies
- User-centric and data-informed approaches to product design, with a background in qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- The ability to tell the story of our users, advocate for them, and develop an appreciation for their perspectives within the company
- Experience delivering high-quality customer experiences across web based products
- Experience establishing processes to ensure that good design practices are being followed in every part of the product
- Nice to have: Experience leading a Product Design team in an Enterprise SaaS product team
- A Product Design expert; experience crafting product and design visions and strategies and the ability to motivate others to independently execute those strategies.
- The ability to bring simplicity to complex problems
- A user-centric and data-informed approach to product design, with a focus on user feedback and data insights and a background in both qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- A team builder who’s also a cross-functional leader
- The drive to continue learning and developing
Benefits & Perks
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Paid gym membership
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6 month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A child care and education stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- Relocation assistance
HyperScience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HyperScience complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.