ABOUT THIS ROLE
Bright Health Care contracts and manages all of Bright Health’s Care Partners, providers, and other network participants. The team is responsible for the assessment, assembly, management, optimization, commercialization, and performance of its “Smart Networks” across all of Bright Health’s markets. These high performing clinical networks, centered around our Care Partner relationships and local market primary care providers, aim to deliver integrated, affordable and personalized health care, tailored to the unique needs of each community and individual. An integral part of the Bright Health Care Organization are those individuals charged with helping to grow our footprint and establish differentiated relationships with providers across our Markets.
The Director, Practice Sourcing, is an integral member of Bright Health Care and is responsible for identifying, selling, and establishing relationships that allow for deeper provider partnerships in Bright Health’s core markets. The Director, Practice Sourcing will work closely with the Provider Solutions, Network Development, and Corporate Development teams to build and execute on a pipeline of providers in order to structure partnerships for value-based contracting, provider services solutions, or targeted acquisitions. This work impacts our markets’ growth objectives, clinical effectiveness, and financial performance and is critical to the growth and success of Bright Health Care.
- Identify and develop a pipeline of provider organizations for strategic partnerships with Bright Health.
- Conduct targeted outreach, both in-person and telephonically, to identify decision makers and qualify opportunities for partnerships.
- Work with our local market teams, network contracting, and Integrated Delivery Development (IDD) teams for provider and/or market intelligence to effectively identify and develop relationships.
- Partner with Provider Solutions, Bright Health Care Strategy, and Corporate Development teams to align and conduct meetings with provider organizations on the right Bright Health Care solution.
- Develop relationships with industry associations, investment banks, and consulting firms to inform partnership opportunities and ensure Bright Health becomes a known and successful partner to providers across the US
- Successfully communicate and continue to revise the value-story, talking points, and information content to highlight value of partnership with Bright Health.
- Support the development of growth activities in-market through Bright Health Care practices.
- Continuously follow-up with interested physicians and provider organizations and, in collaboration with other internal Bright Health teams, manage opportunities to close.
- Represent Bright Health in front of physician practices and third parties.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, healthcare administration, or a related field is required; MBA is recommended but not required
- Seven or more (7+) years of experience establishing and building relationships with provider organizations is required
- Demonstrated track record of relationship-building and physician and provider recruitment is required
- Experience working with risk-taking primary care practices is required
- Experience in corporate development, strategy consulting, or within a provider’s corporate strategy department is highly recommended
- Large project and program management experience is recommended
- Familiarity with Commercial and Medicare products is recommended
- Strong relationship development and management skills within the healthcare provider space.
- Results oriented, capable of clearly translating strategic objectives into implementable processes that drive outcomes.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple engagements to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong collaboration skills to ensure effective alignment among Provider Solutions, Corporate Development, Market Leadership and IDD teams.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel will be required.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.