Director of People Operations
At Debtsy, we work to ensure that borrowers who fall behind on debt are treated with dignity. Owing to outdated processes and bad actors, traditional debt collection is rife with harassment and fraud. Our products tackle this by helping financial institutions modernize collections, giving borrowers simpler and more compassionate ways to get back on track. We’ve grown 10x in accounts over the past six months. Because of the pandemic, there’s never been a more important time for our mission.
We’re looking for our first People Operations team member to join the Debtsy team in-person (eventually) in NYC! This person will have a tremendous impact on Debtsy driving both recruiting and HR initiatives and report directly to the CEO. Besides owning our hiring goal of doubling our team to 40+ by the end of 2021, you'll serve as an advocate for and cultural torch carrier for our employees. We are looking for someone who will grow within the role and our organization over time.
- Driving the full-blown recruitment process and making improvements as you see fit to ensure that our candidates have the best experience, regardless of outcome.
- Own the HR function, an important role that will continue to grow as we scale the company to 40+ people this year. This includes benefits, compensation, employee relations, and HRIS + ATS Data Management.
- Work as a true partner to hiring managers as you help them clarify new positions and identify the needs of the team.
- Dig deep into the company culture and collaborate to improve the employee experience at Debtsy. We don’t expect you to have all the answers, but we want you to be a positive catalyst for change. You will partner with the CEO and leaders to bring valuable employee engagement feedback front and center while helping to prioritize HR initiatives.
- Telling an authentic story about what Debtsy does and what we stand for as a company for candidates and employees.
You will be great for this role if
- You have 6+ years of mixed experience in HR/Recruiting in the tech industry or at a fast-paced company.
- You have a track record or desire to build diverse teams and equitable recruiting/HR processes. You are interested in diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts to build the most effective teams.
- You value empathy and relating to your colleagues in their efforts to support our borrowers with dignity and respect.
- You have the ability to make a strong connection with anyone you talk to. You see hidden potential in everyone.
- You bring extra experience with manager trainings and/or best practices for running performance reviews + onboarding.
Learn More About Us!
Check out our Glassdoor reviews. We think our track record speaks best!
Debtsy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.